Possible career change

oldngray

nowhere special
How else was I supposed to learn how to drive a manual, nobody I know had a manual for me to learn on!
Sadly very few cars have manuals even as an option now. When I went driving there were still a lot of economy (for better gas mileage) and sports cars with manuals. 4 speed in a car feels different but the basics are the same.

JustAnotherMike

"The best short-cut is to take the long way."
You cannot take off in gear two on a test. That is what the supervisor told me. He was a very nice guy but he was not paying attention. I was also extremely nervous because I had never driven a truck that size before. He said I was swerving which looking back I can see that I was swerving a little bit. If I feel like going for it again I will. But right now I'm looking at my other options.

thats weird . i had my test last thur and my guy said "take off in 2nd, 1st don't do sh1t in this b1tch " word for word lol

W

What The Hawk?

Sadly very few cars have manuals even as an option now. When I went driving there were still a lot of economy (for better gas mileage) and sports cars with manuals. 4 speed in a car feels different but the basics are the same.
At the school they had one of those hybrid Hondas that I learned on.

You cannot take off in gear two on a test. That is what the supervisor told me. He was a very nice guy but he was not paying attention. I was also extremely nervous because I had never driven a truck that size before. He said I was swerving which looking back I can see that I was swerving a little bit. If I feel like going for it again I will. But right now I'm looking at my other options.
You have to have nerves of steel driving.

Not being a D* but you can't see a spider and lose focus.

Swear to God.

oldngray

nowhere special
yeah but you can take off in 2 .. which in your head should've been the new "1" ... teach yourself manual with a beat up car for a year or so and try again . practice practice practice

Most drivers skip 1 unless they are heavily loaded but you can't do that when being tested.

W

What The Hawk?

You have to have nerves of steel driving.

Not being a D* but you can't see a spider and lose focus.

Swear to God.
Which is why I said maybe being a driver isn't for me. Which is why I'm looking at my other options, school or I can move up in UPS in a different position. But so far driving is not my forte.

W

What The Hawk?

I seriously didn't mean to derail this entire thread so let's just get back to the actual purpose of this thread.. Shall we?

W

What The Hawk?

When I failed my road test they told me that they thought I could do the job but that I just didn't seem like I was ready to drive a big vehicle yet. The other supervisor told me that there are so many other things I can do at UPS besides being a driver, so I'm going to look into that instead and go to school while I'm doing that so that I can keep the doors open.

JustAnotherMike

"The best short-cut is to take the long way."
When I failed my road test they told me that they thought I could do the job but that I just didn't seem like I was ready to drive a big vehicle yet. The other supervisor told me that there are so many other things I can do at UPS besides being a driver, so I'm going to look into that instead and go to school while I'm doing that so that I can keep the doors open.
not to be rude but you should be proactive and check those things out instead of drowning yourself in the forum. you seem to be a little down. its the perfect time to research and find something you're interested in and start a plan ... best of luck to you !

W

What The Hawk?

Focus and think
not to be rude but you should be proactive and check those things out instead of drowning yourself in the forum. you seem to be a little down. its the perfect time to research and find something you're interested in and start a plan ... best of luck to you !
I'm a little down because I'm at home all the time after my car accident. I can't work for six weeks and I can't go anywhere because my cars busted and I have broken fingers. I already have plans I just need to wait until I have my car back to actually go for it. I might sign up for a college class though for the summer..

I'm a little down because I'm at home all the time after my car accident. I can't work for six weeks and I can't go anywhere because my cars busted and I have broken fingers. I already have plans I just need to wait until I have my car back to actually go for it. I might sign up for a college class though for the summer..
Just remember. Driving can pay more than many degree jobs. You already have your foot inside the door.