Possible career change

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Which is why I said maybe being a driver isn't for me. Which is why I'm looking at my other options, school or I can move up in UPS in a different position. But so far driving is not my forte.
If you think driving is not for you then try something else. If you want to be a driver with all your heart then do not quit. try again. we have had a couple drivers that tried 3 times. one tried 6 times before passing. I'm talking about feeder and don't know if you can keep trying for package but I'm sure you can.

Looking back, these drivers that failed a couple or more times seem to be the best drivers we have. They wanted it bad and just wouldn't give up.

Like I said before, if your heart is not in it then you're right to try school or something else. Just don't be discouraged because you failed the first time.

They are a multibillion dollar company. And companies especially those that have tons of money always cut corners and find ways to save money.. My hub just hired a whole bunch of new drivers and they barely work those drivers a full week, my buddy's working like three days a week at most..
You work in a center, not a hub. I'm sure your "sister center" up north will borrow 5-10 drivers everyday. Just ask.

Lol yes..The sup had me get into 3 different trucks..before testing. One had the gears upside down. The other had an E break issue. I wasn't meant to pass. I just wanted to do it to get it over with. I'm ok with failing.
Now a days reverse is is in 1st gear position. Sometimes the knobs get turned

W

What The Hawk?

Now a days reverse is is in 1st gear position. Sometimes the knobs get turned
That's what happened, was a good truck otherwise. He even asked me if I was sure about doing it that day and my stubborn ass said yes. Wasn't ready. Lol

When I failed my road test they told me that they thought I could do the job but that I just didn't seem like I was ready to drive a big vehicle yet. The other supervisor told me that there are so many other things I can do at UPS besides being a driver, so I'm going to look into that instead and go to school while I'm doing that so that I can keep the doors open.
No, don't go that route. It's a trap.