Post Election Stress Syndrome

texan

No matter who wins an election, the unexpected emotional letdown or explosive reaction after the ballots are counted can be overwhelming to many—especially the aged or over-involved, who can be set up for crushing amounts of what I call "Post-Election Stress Syndrome."

Understanding the Psychology of 'Post-Election Stress Syndrome'
I am not taking it very well either.

That gut feeling said no, no way for this person can win over all of America, as America has changed much, since
the days of old.

But my dumb head over road that little voice in my heart.

There is more, but I will keep silent.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The best choice after an election is completed is acceptance.

It’s over and now it’s time to move on with whatever leaders and issues the majority of voters selected. You can’t change the outcome of an election, but you can freak yourself out with fears about the future apocalypse predicted by many. Don’t do that! Life will go on, and your world will continue.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
“A little patience, and we shall see the reign of witches pass over, their spells dissolve, and the people, recovering their true sight, restore their government to its true principles. It is true that in the meantime we are suffering deeply in spirit, and incurring the horrors of a war and long oppressions of enormous public debt...If the game runs sometime against us at home, we must have patience till luck turns, and then we shall have an opportunity of winning back the principles we have lost, for this is a game where principles are at stake.”

Thomas Jefferson

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Back to watching Big Foot, big bang theory, pickers, and swamp hunters no matter where they live.
I am a survivor and I can beat anything that comes my way.
One thing I did learn in this election is how nasty people can be. I made a list of my friends, who sneared, and were snarky, and made insulting comments, to me for my choice, and I am deleting them from my life one by one. I will say the gays were the worst, to me, and I never once said one bad word about them. They insulted my choice on a single issue. I didnt and dont care much about gay marriage one way or the other, live and let live. I dont care about abortion or birth control, never did. And none of these things should be a presidents top priority anyway. I cared about security of our nation, the economy of this great country, and having a leader who cares about and handles those things.
My opinions remain the same, but after a day of driving over bridges and forcing myself not to jump off, Im back.
I have always been a principled person, and seeing how people that I respected for their opinions, but could not respect mine, my circle of friends and acquaintences, just shrunk, alot.
I have enough friends, dont have time for that crap in my life anyway.
Peace. OUT

island1fox

toon,

Experienced very similiar situations. At a neighborhood gathering before the election all were encouraged to talk about where they stood on issues and which way they were leaning on the vote.
The left were abusive and did not respect any other view except their own. I live in a State that just voted on Gay Marriage. Just two years ago we voted to make sure gays had all financial and legal rights in civil unions --but that marriage was between a man and woman. That compromise was not enough ---if you will not agree that gays can Marry--you are called a hater and homophob. It is their way or no way.

I spoke to a neighbor who has a son that graduated from H.S. last year is not working and not going to College.
I told her that if he went to the local UPS building and applied for a holiday season job --I would call the Manager who I know very well and put in a good word for him for possible permanent work in January.
His mother told me her son would never work for a "filthy trucking " company !! :sad-little:

People like that I do not need as friends !!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My life since last night is much less cluttered by fb friends, and distant relatives.
One time of being called a friend'in homophobic buddy* by a step nephew, who doesnt even know me, was enough for me. He was a one issue voter, and I dont respect that, but I never condemned him. It actually hurt me, because I tend not to be judgemental, rather philisofical (not spelled correctly I know, dont care) LOL. Yup enough for me. Back to the hubby, my dogs, and grandkids.

upsgrunt

My own daughter laid into me when she found out who I voted for, and she doesn't even vote or pay taxes.
That really hurt.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Back to watching Big Foot, big bang theory, pickers, and swamp hunters no matter where they live.
I am a survivor and I can beat anything that comes my way.
One thing I did learn in this election is how nasty people can be. I made a list of my friends, who sneared, and were snarky, and made insulting comments, to me for my choice, and I am deleting them from my life one by one. I will say the gays were the worst, to me, and I never once said one bad word about them. They insulted my choice on a single issue. I didnt and dont care much about gay marriage one way or the other, live and let live. I dont care about abortion or birth control, never did. And none of these things should be a presidents top priority anyway. I cared about security of our nation, the economy of this great country, and having a leader who cares about and handles those things.
My opinions remain the same, but after a day of driving over bridges and forcing myself not to jump off, Im back.
I have always been a principled person, and seeing how people that I respected for their opinions, but could not respect mine, my circle of friends and acquaintences, just shrunk, alot.
I have enough friends, dont have time for that crap in my life anyway.
Peace. OUT
No problem with the gays for me......all log cabin members !!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My own daughter laid into me when she found out who I voted for, and she doesn't even vote or pay taxes.
That really hurt.

Did you take the opportunity to sit down with her and ask her to discuss the rationale behind her feelings? I would have used this as a learning moment, perhaps for both of you, to see where she was coming from and to explain to her where you were coming from.

upsgrunt

Dave
You have the right to your opinion, especially since I posted a tidbit of my life on this forum, but I don't need another father.
I know you think us Republicans are a bunch of old white men, but I'm not ready to be dictated by a Democrat, especially you.
You have no idea of the situation; your good intentions are noted, but not appreciated.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The best choice after an election is completed is acceptance.

It’s over and now it’s time to move on with whatever leaders and issues the majority of voters selected. You can’t change the outcome of an election, but you can freak yourself out with fears about the future apocalypse predicted by many. Don’t do that! Life will go on, and your world will continue.

I'm over the election taking pictures on the Forgotten Coast on the Gulf in Florida.

As far as the bolded above ... that is fricken hilarious.
6 billion dollars and nothing changed and the majority can go friend* themselves is what it will be like most likely.
Obama and Reid will come back with the same old demands and the House will say "No".
I think the House is more resolved than ever (moderate Repubs were kicked out and replaced by more conservative).
I can foresee the government actually "shutting down" and you know what ... the sun will rise the next day and the only people that will be affected will be the parasites and government workers. Working people will not be affected much at all.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Dave
You have the right to your opinion, especially since I posted a tidbit of my life on this forum, but I don't need another father.
I know you think us Republicans are a bunch of old white men, but I'm not ready to be dictated by a Democrat, especially you.
You have no idea of the situation; your good intentions are noted, but not appreciated.

For the record, "WE" dont believe republicans are a bunch of old white men, rather, the REPUBLICANS think the party is made up of OLD WHITE MEN.

Just to be clear.

Peace

TOS