Post office pkgs still in DIAD...

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
A bag is a small, a letter or 4 or 5 lb box... Let's raise it up to 20 lbs and give everything to the po I won't need to work here anymore then they can lay you off too since there will be nobody that you need to look at reports for 8 hours a day on or have to follow anyone around either.... Don't put it past them.. You are probably more expendable that anyone!!
The cut off for all smalls is 15 pounds. I'm not suggesting anything more go to the post office.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Do not sheet packages that you do not see. If packages are not in truck, check details of stop to see if they are bags or packages you are missing, you can tell the difference packages start with a 1z, bags start with a higher number usually 7. Send message via did that you are missing x bags and x packages, they can look up the tracking numbers from the center, then details not found

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yeah I realize that, been around longer than you I think. Your post was about what then exactly?
Ah yes, the old I have been around forever so I know everything argument.

My post was about how one person doesn't get to determine what a small is. The cutoff is 15 pounds for smalls.

oldngray

nowhere special

My post was about how one person doesn't get to determine what a small is. The cutoff is 15 pounds for smalls.

That is because UPS redefined what it calls a "small" It used to be no more than a couple of pounds and small enough to fit through a coathanger.

By The Book

That 15# you mention must only be in your building. It's 8 lb. in a bag here,(non-Sure post).Sure post pkgs. are 10# per the contract., and 3 cubic feet. I didn't say I knew everything but I'm aware of how UPS does things. So me knowing our smalls cutoff is 8 lbs. is a start. I don't do time cards, but I know there is something called time card edits that are to be posted if that helps.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That 15# you mention must only be in your building. It's 8 lb. in a bag here,(non-Sure post).Sure post pkgs. are 10# per the contract., and 3 cubic feet. I didn't say I knew everything but I'm aware of how UPS does things. So me knowing our smalls cutoff is 8 lbs. is a start. I don't do time cards, but I know there is something called time card edits that are to be posted if that helps.
8lbs. is the cutoff here too.
Problem is, after they automated smalls sort, you'd often get bags that were over 70lbs. Wanna make a bag over 70, no problem, put the overweight tape on it and keep it off the belts. Unzipped them and dumped those heavy SOB's out every time they came down the chute.

By The Book

I'm told by sup to do this.... I'm a casual and don't want to be paid over by doing this all the time.
Guessing my loader doesn't scan some pkgs that he throws into the bags.
Stealing time? I'm not one of those guys that hangs around the DIAD room for 45min waiting to punch out.... I scratch my route and go home, just want to know proper protocol on handling this issue.
Hey!, I take offense to that comment about stealing time. Those guys that hang around the diad room waiting to punch out are taking the personal time they have coming. My bet is they didn't take it on route. The longer you work here you will realize most people don't like to work for free. Not all routes have fair allowances as well.