Post your Diad summary, Lets see how bad you got porked this week

Number-Nine

Take your lunch. Settle down. Get the area down and don't talk to people.
If you lose 30 seconds at 80 stops that's 40 minutes. You can be deaf and dumb for 30 days. It's not your bid route anyway.

I know the area pretty well. Especially the commercial. Package selection is probably my biggest weak points. I know I'm suppose to just leave if I can't find a package and come back later but I feel that is also a waste of time. I know I got to take lunch too but I feel I'll fall even further behind. Mehhh

10 Pt

I know the area pretty well. Especially the commercial. Package selection is probably my biggest weak points. I know I'm suppose to just leave if I can't find a package and come back later but I feel that is also a waste of time. I know I got to take lunch too but I feel I'll fall even further behind. Mehhh
If they want to they can disqualify a driver for breaching the lunch issue (typing it in as lunch and then working through it).

The Driver

I drive.
If they want to they can disqualify a driver for breaching the lunch issue (typing it in as lunch and then working through it).

I think they'd only DQ you if they wanted to anyway. Working through your breaks during the 30 day period makes you look good. I sorted during my 20 minutes off the clock. Never work for free after you make book.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think they'd only DQ you if they wanted to anyway. Working through your breaks during the 30 day period makes you look good. I sorted during my 20 minutes off the clock. Never work for free after you make book.

You are misunderstanding his post. He is talking about entering a lunch and making deliveries while on "lunch".

What you are doing is a normal part of trying to qualify. We have all done it.

The Driver

I drive.
You are misunderstanding his post. He is talking about entering a lunch and making deliveries while on "lunch".

I still don't think management would disqualify a new driver for delivering during unpaid time unless they already had it out for him anyway.

10 Pt

I still don't think management would disqualify a new driver for delivering during unpaid time unless they already had it out for him anyway.
Or if they were good managers.

We had one driver that broke most all the rules during their 30 day trial period. Pre GPS, he sheeted pkgs NI when he was miles from the stop and double sheeted air then ground at the same stop with two sigs, etc to make his spohr "better" and look efficient on paper.

I couldn't believe they qualified this idiot because they actually saw what he was doing and so for the next 5-6 years he screwed his neighboring drivers, the customers, and the company. His disciplinary file was about 1.5" thick. He finally got fired for drug usage.

A smart manager will know whether the employee will be a liability or an asset and allowing a driver to actually drive, deliver or pick up during the period coded out for lunch is not only a dot violation but it shows that they probably will have to be babysat for years to come.

Last edited by a moderator:

10 Pt

I also believe that training routes with unfair standards need to be researched, documented, and adjustments made.
The stewards need to be on this from the get go.

10 Pt

Not anymore. It's tracked and will get someone disqualified. Sorting is fine, delivering, nope.
He was talking about sorting.
I sorted during my 20 minutes off the clock. Never work for free after you make book.

Sorting not driving, delivering and/or picking up pkgs was (I believe) what USNY was touching on.
Sorting is still working but can't be tracked on telematics, Sparks, or by the dot.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
IMG_20170524_220031.jpg

165 miles :bloodshot:

IMG_20170524_220058.jpg

Eh, I attempted all of them so it should have been 100% :whatever:

I had to switch the battery at 20:00 because it'll freeze when it dips below 20%

Appvol

72 stops 150 pkgs 146 miles 7 pickups 30 pkgs. 9.75hrs. Start time is 9:15 left building at 9:45. 3rd day over this week and I had a 8hr request today. Free Money for me.

vvv

Sorry pal, most often I am the one doing the porking.

Hold your hand up and tuck in your thumb. How many fingers do you see? Job well done......you see 4.
Now stick your hand in your pocket and pull out some coins. Use the 4 fingers for the hours and add up the change for the minutes. That's how much I was over in just one day recently.
No cares or worries at all because I'm all by the book. :)