Post your Diad summary, Lets see how bad you got porked this week

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
That's good. The kids need someone at home with this job.
Yeah, that’s what I was explaining in another thread. Even getting off at 6, which around here is 8.5 hours, you miss everything anyways. Now that one in a freshman in college and the other is a sophomore in HS, it’s been much easier on the Mrs. She’s still earning her keep shuttling my daughter (while she was at home) and son to and from work during the weekdays. Son is 15 so he’s not old enough to drive, daughter saved her money to buy a car that we went in on 50/50, doing the same with the son.

Both have checking accounts, with savings, that they move half their check into. Daughter saved enough even after $2500(half the car) so she can draw $250 a month while in college so she doesn’t have to worry about money while away. She’s coming home for 4 weeks during the winter break to work 30-40 hours to save for a upgrade in dorm as we are only paying for the base dorm and unlimited meal plan( plus tuition ). She’ll be working all summer and taking online summer classes to graduate in three years. Plan is to go to graduate law school, which she’ll be entirely on the hook for.

Nice thing is we are only 41, most of our peers have toddlers or even younger around here. When they ask us about more kids we’re like “nope, been there, done that”.

Yeah, that’s what I was explaining in another thread. Even getting off at 6, which around here is 8.5 hours, you miss everything anyways. Now that one in a freshman in college and the other is a sophomore in HS, it’s been much easier on the Mrs. She’s still earning her keep shuttling my daughter (while she was at home) and son to and from work during the weekdays. Son is 15 so he’s not old enough to drive, daughter saved her money to buy a car that we went in on 50/50, doing the same with the son.

Both have checking accounts, with savings, that they move half their check into. Daughter saved enough even after $2500(half the car) so she can draw $250 a month while in college so she doesn’t have to worry about money while away. She’s coming home for 4 weeks during the winter break to work 30-40 hours to save for a upgrade in dorm as we are only paying for the base dorm and unlimited meal plan( plus tuition )

Nice thing is we are only 41, most of our peers have toddlers or even younger around here. When they ask us about more kids we’re like “nope, been there, done that”.
That college credit will be a big help . Thank God I'm done with that. Got both of mine out of college owing less than 20k.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
That college credit will be a big help . Thank God I'm done with that. Got both of mine out of college owing less than 20k.
Georgia has the HOPE scholarship program that pays for 80% of tuition costs if they meet class and grade requirements in high school. She was .2 away from the Zell Miller scholarship, which would have paid 100%. We can only claim the 20% OOP for tax purposes.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
That's better than any tax credit.
Yeah, she tried super hard to get that last .2 but Georgia only goes by the unweighted GPA, she was taking AP college classes in high school which were much harder. We said we would upgrade the dorm room if she could get the Zell but it didn’t work out.

Yeah, as the kids got older we have been discussing her going back to work, but she still brings value to the household, even when the kids are gone.
My wife started working part time when my oldest went to college. And she still works, its good for her , gives her something to do ( I'm not discounting what she does at home) and it gives her some of her own money to do with as she pleases.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Forced in to work today. Package car completely bricked out from closed holidays...and that’s after they pulled 100 pieces off too.

4BB6B702-D2BF-438D-AACE-0EDFFDF8B01C.jpeg