Postal worker killed by lightning

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by bigbrownhen, Jun 16, 2010.

1. bigbrownhen

bigbrownhen New Member

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=204302&provider=top

This is so tragic. My prayers to her family.

I happend to read this story before work this morning. Then this afternoon, a fast moving thunderstorm moved through with alot of lightning. Needless to say, I stayed in my truck until the worst of the storm was over, it just took a few minutes.

This could happen to anyone. You just never know.

2. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

We had a guy who's truck got struck by lightning it fried the electrical but he was ok.

3. UnsurePost

UnsurePost making the unreadable unreadabler

My condolences . I was struck by lightning on 6/20/1995, very lucky to have lived. Better safe than sorry and stay inside the truck, ride it out.

4. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt I've got a rainbow butt! Staff Member

Glad you made it sleeve.

Anything different after getting struck?

5. UnsurePost

UnsurePost making the unreadable unreadabler

Thanks. I don't know about major effects, but I've never gotten over it fully. I was lifted off the ground and thrown 6 feet backwards into a wall. No real recollection except when I watch certain youtube videos, the snapping sound is all I remember, and the sound and feel of the air exploding away from you instead of towards you like would normally happen. I'm not sure if it caused any perm disability b eyond PSTD and other stress stuff.

6. I've always heard your personality is electrifying!!!

7. browniehound

browniehound Well-Known Member

I actually think its not such a bad way to go, quick and painless. You would never know what hit you. And yes, I find it disturbing that I think like this, LOL!

8. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Is this you?

[​IMG]

9. Sleeve, I've heard you really know how to light up a room.