Powerpad cameras ~ pics of driver releases

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
My bad... this testing was geared to HD, maybe Ground, not for express

I don't see the possible positives. Does the customer not know what their front door looks like? It would be a giant waste of time for no real gain. I'm sure it'll be in the next software update.

It's not really what their front, side, back doors looks like, it's mainly for white macy or walmart or kohls bags, black under armor bags, tan padded envelopes from DTV, white envelopes, flat boxes from otterbox, the irregs that doesnt come in a brown cardboard box...

I had to do a handful of disputed claims on the following and had to tell the QA clerk or whoever follows up with these about the parcels that they're not a brown cardboard box. FedEx online tracking site only shpws "package" if its not a standard cardboard box.

Maybe that tracking info should be more descriptive on the site so the customer will know what to look for on their porch

RedAngel

In FXSameDay we been doing it for the last 3 years ,take pictures of business closed,resident unavailable and for all SR's packages.

I was talking to the gatekeeper the other week about the camera thing; apparently they used to do the pictures on 'fedex release' drops, but they stopped due to privacy complaints or something like that.

Not to mention the fact that it would mean spending more time per stop which would hurt efficiency.

One thing I've wondered about: why don't they just put a powerpad charging dock in the trucks? They could make it so if blacks out the screen when plugged in to mitigate distracted driver issues.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Ok so i heard that they are testing these in a certain region of the usa...

that way, when the customer enters the tracking number from the package and / or the doortag number, they can see where the driver / courier had left the box, bag, envelope, bag, or irreg parcel

The camera probably wouldn't even capture an image of the entire package, let alone a wide enough shot where you could see where the box was. If it did, half the packages would show that they were scanned on the shelf of the truck or while the driver was carrying them to the stop.

SmithBarney

The camera probably wouldn't even capture an image of the entire package, let alone a wide enough shot where you could see where the box was. If it did, half the packages would show that they were scanned on the shelf of the truck or while the driver was carrying them to the stop.
I don't think it would try to take a picture while scanning, they'd add another step to the process after release to take picture while leaving...
FDX loves to add steps to processes, ie count how many button clicks it takes for a single resi release, IIRC its right about 10(not counting scrolling through manifest to find stop for SRA folks)

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Like i said earlier, the testing is being done on the HD / Ground side, not for express...

One thing I've wondered about: why don't they just put a powerpad charging dock in the trucks? They could make it so if blacks out the screen when plugged in to mitigate distracted driver issues.

Yea, i saw those Powerpad docks that you plug into a 12v outlet... was tested with temp drivers a few years back

scanner-cradle-jpg.10535

Too bulky, maybe that was geared for a stepvan windshield and not for a standard cargo van

And LoL

8iPlR2I.jpg

That's too obvious, but hey its out of sight, no?

Last edited:

CJinx

I don't see it happening without a software overhaul. The programming for the camera functionality is buggy as :censored2:... frequently locks up the application and requires a hard reboot.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

If it's FedEx, it will be a mess. We've mentioned draining batteries that already don't last though the shift, privacy concerns, and penis pictures.

Full speed ahead!!