Powerpad cameras ~ pics of driver releases

SmithBarney

One is as good as the other.
oh yes, and lets not forget that a majority of our shipments are now amazon, which for some unknown reason has been allowed to modify their labels(yes I like the vertical barcode) but they've removed the address barcode which now renders your process useless and inefficient

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
oh yes, and lets not forget that a majority of our shipments are now amazon, which for some unknown reason has been allowed to modify their labels(yes I like the vertical barcode) but they've removed the address barcode which now renders your process useless and inefficient

Oh, the humanity.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Bump, Amazon probably saw this thread& they implemented this on their rabbit scanners and smartphones... I don't see anyone taking D* pics and there's plenty of disgruntled Amazonian workers out there...

So yeah, FedEx... think about utilizing the camera on our next Star V scanners, which we are still waiting for them to arrive

DeliveryException

At our station, they say the new ppads and system will be here in October. I hope they are tougher than they look. I have dropped the current one down stairs at apartments a couple times and no worse for wear.

OrioN

Yeah these Motorola mc 9500 ? are pretty durable... maybe they'll keep both models just in case not enough star v scanners are on hand.

I heard that the battery lasts all day; no need for extra ppad batteries. Wonder what type of charging cable it has...

Anyone here with the newer scanners yet? Heard TX had them from a FXG YouTube vlogger (who is now shut down)

It will be fine

Yeah these Motorola mc 9500 ? are pretty durable... maybe they'll keep both models just in case not enough star v scanners are on hand.

I heard that the battery lasts all day; no need for extra ppad batteries. Wonder what type of charging cable it has...

Anyone here with the newer scanners yet? Heard TX had them from a FXG YouTube vlogger (who is now shut down)
They’re great. Really light, much faster haven’t seen a battery go below 70% yet. Customers sign with their finger so you don’t need a stylus.

Zebra has a weird charging cable that clips on the back or a cradle or stand alone battery charger.
Panasonic can use a standard micro usb or a docking cradle.

OrioN

Oh, there are 2 different models?

I prefer the Panasonic one, since most recent Android phones uses the same micro USB cable & can charge it at home or on route in the truck

It will be fine

Oh, there are 2 different models?

I prefer the Panasonic one, since most recent Android phones uses the same micro USB cable & can charge it at home or on route in the truck
The scanning angle is weird on the Panasonic. It’s about 1/4 way down from the top of the scanner out of the back. When I used it I was hitting the wrong barcode all day. I’m sure you’d get used to it but I didn’t like it. The zebra screen is recessed and the Panasonic is flush, seems like it’s be easier to crack.

OrioN

Vs.

Sooo, yeah both are running Android type phones with cameras. So it is viable to add picture with the driver release as an option in the future.

May as well get an app added similar to ground cloud (like that other member was trying to peddle here last year) instead of buying Apple ipads & make it an all-in-one unit.

It will be fine

Vs.

Sooo, yeah both are running Android type phones with cameras. So it is viable to add picture with the driver release as an option in the future.

May as well get an app added similar to ground cloud (like that other member was trying to peddle here last year) instead of buying Apple ipads & make it an all-in-one unit.
One of the scanner vendors has a routing app. It’s not as good as GroundCloud. The FedEx software has built in navigation but you can’t change the route on the fly. It’s only decent for HD only routes that won’t exist for much longer.

vantexan

How times have changed.

OrioN

One of the scanner vendors has a routing app. It’s not as good as GroundCloud. The FedEx software has built in navigation but you can’t change the route on the fly. It’s only decent for HD only routes that won’t exist for much longer.

Can they link to the standalone Garmin GPS units like our current star IV powerpad with a data cable?

sketch-1566706094238.png

Our full fleet doesn't have enough iPad tablets yet for ground cloud... and a few of us that are comfortable using the Garmin GPS units can rearrange the sequence manually (after the download) if it's not optimized.

It will be fine

Can they link to the standalone Garmin GPS units like our current star IV powerpad with a data cable?

View attachment 260622

Our full fleet doesn't have enough iPad tablets yet for ground cloud... and a few of us that are comfortable using the Garmin GPS units can rearrange the sequence manually (after the download) if it's not optimized.
I would doubt it. I haven’t heard of anyone looking for that feature. I know you can pick a stop off the manifest and get directions there, but I don’t think you can adjust the sequence besides through vision and setting up priority clusters before the sort.

OrioN

Hmm, I never noticed that icon on the Motorola scanners before.... zebra tech?

Ok so the Motorola mc9500 star IV had a proprietary plug at the scanner end to a mini plug for the Garmin GPS units...

download.jpeg

to Garmin:

images

These next-generation scanners/smartphones also have a data cable to do that same thing!

sketch-1567899888222.png

I just got my zebra scanner today... complete with charging dock.

I liked when u can download the stops to the Garmin GPS, so u can immediately see the bigger picture (30 ish stops per cluster), instead of one stop at a time.

This seems to be an all in one unit though, so that saves the subcontractor from getting ground cloud tablets.

P.S. Do u know how to text CPC on this thing? I didn't have to use it this Saturday, but I'll text them & neighboring drivers occasionally