PPH is Out of Our Control

J

jibbs

If a senior can do his job and yours, maybe you do need to work a little harder. :)

I think you misunderstood the usage of the word "senior." :wink:

Also, I've seen people be straight up replaced before. No mention of doing twice the duties, just taking over somebody else's while the sort aisle or unload suffers short a guy.

Also, this is hypothetical for me, at least. Knowledge for the future. If I get sent home, it's because I asked and they obliged-- never one or the other.

Cowboy Mac

Oh my gosh I'm so glad I started back posting I can file a bajillion grievances he touches packages all day everyday, he always tells "G****** if you don't meet 300 PPH first hour or 225 PPH all day it'll be a documented talk with and tomorrow will be a warning letter" and I just work harder and I never knew thought they would manipulate me like that just to work harder guys I'm honestly giving 1000% towards this job everyday because I see a bright future plus I work another job as well and I'm burning myself out for these people to "use" me...

Got him! Can I get a bam boys?

Cowboy Mac

...and you think by not signing that you will not be expected to comply with whatever directive may be on that piece of paper...?

Yeah, I don't RTS because
1. I'm not sure whether they can use the letters as a signature,
2. It just pisses them off and accomplishes nothing
3. I only am ever asked to sign safety papers or pretrip/post trip paper and that's stuff that I should know and be following anyways.

upschuck

I think you misunderstood the usage of the word "senior." :wink:

Also, I've seen people be straight up replaced before. No mention of doing twice the duties, just taking over somebody else's while the sort aisle or unload suffers short a guy.

Also, this is hypothetical for me, at least. Knowledge for the future. If I get sent home, it's because I asked and they obliged-- never one or the other.
they are not paying a guy to pick nose, he has to have some job to do.

By senior guy i meant one with more seniority.

EasyTrucker

Next time Sup says he is giving you any kind of disciplinary action, verbal or written, ask for your shop steward to be present and ask where in the contact it says he can discipline you for production numbers. If you are not stacked out, it sounds like you are just not getting enough flow to justify their made up production numbers!

mjjlohn

...and you think by not signing that you will not be expected to comply with whatever directive may be on that piece of paper...?
I don't sign for anything, not even high values.

Guess what-- nothing happens, now a supe has to sign for them and they bring it out to me.

Rts all my dumb training too

RolloTony Brown Town

This is my perspective as a management person:

-if you're written up and there's no steward, it's as if it didn't happen.

-if you're written up, don't sign. Not even rts. Just say "I'm not going to sign that." Writing rts yourself CAN be considered a signature but again, no steward no problems.

-if your pt sup is tellin you to go faster then say "I'm doing my best." You can't be forced to go faster. We can't even force employees to maintain best documented performance.

-over supervision is tough inside because the onus of proof is on you. But file away if you want for whatever part of the contract you feel was violated. Just remember, "work now, grieve later" and "work as directed"

Honestly, just do the best you can and follow the methods. A good supervisor will work with you to help you get to where he thinks you need to be. An ignorant management person makes threats. Grievances will paint a target on your back. If you aren't perfect, they will find something you don't do well and back you into a corner. Keep it simple, try hard, work safe and by the methods, work as directed

and if a supervisor is working then say "that's my work please don't move boxes." If they continue then document the time you SAW and talk to your steward off the clock.

I've seen a lot of poor managing over the years and some stupid union employees trying to make a point. The smart ones talk less, and listen and watch more. If you act professional and do what you're then you're gonna be fine. If you're ever don't know then ask the steward.