PRAYING FOR A STRIKE IN AUGUST !!!

over9five

Staff member
I'll tell you what happened to a scab here. Back in '97, here in CHEMA we had exactly one Teamster cross the line. Eventually, the strike is over, and the men come back to work. No one would talk to this guy, everyone just treated him like dirt. BUT, no one harmed him, or damaged his car, or threatened his family or anything. He's no longer here, tho. Management got rid of him. They dont like scabs either. They told him they'd let him work through Peak, but after that he had to go. So he did.
I'm just telling you, dude... You scab, your career is over. Think long term. This job is pretty good for a guy with a family (at least money wise). Youre not the only one who has to feed their kids, mine were 9 and 7 back in '97. Go work at McDonalds for a while if you have to, but don't cross the line.

BTW, the maroon who crossed the line here did it two days before the strike ended.

I'll tell you what happened to a scab here. Back in '97, here in CHEMA we had exactly one Teamster cross the line. Eventually, the strike is over, and the men come back to work. No one would talk to this guy, everyone just treated him like dirt. BUT, no one harmed him, or damaged his car, or threatened his family or anything. He's no longer here, tho. Management got rid of him. They dont like scabs either. They told him they'd let him work through Peak, but after that he had to go. So he did.
I'm just telling you, dude... You scab, your career is over. Think long term. This job is pretty good for a guy with a family (at least money wise). Youre not the only one who has to feed their kids, mine were 9 and 7 back in '97. Go work at McDonalds for a while if you have to, but don't cross the line.

BTW, the maroon who crossed the line here did it two days before the strike ended.
I had young kids and a fresh mortgage also.
Never once did I think about crossing

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
we had one guy cross too in 97. he wasn't popular before the strike. afterwards hardly anyone spoke to him. he was feeder and ballooned up in weight, had a bunch of health problems , got divorced , became a real mess.

john chesney

The simple fact that someone would actually do something like this shows me that you have no respect for others , at all . So in that I will say this . You ever see people protesting on the highway blocking traffic ? You ever see what happens when someone doesn't stop ? It generally isn't pretty and in this state its perfectly legal to not stop if you feel threatened . I consider all of my coworkers friends of mine . I would never in a million years for any amount of money destroy their own property of injure them if they were only trying to provide for their family . Once someone decides my stuff and or health is worth less then what a piece of paper says is when I decide that their life is worth less then my stuff . Simply striking by itself will get you results . Threatening people , especially people like me will not . Call me a big talker or whatever you want . Just hope your not in my way if it came to that because I promise you I wont slow down .
:censored2: you. I can tell already you don’t have the balls. All talk

gorilla75jdw

I gotta be honest here . I personally do hope , strike or not , that UPS gives us a little more family time . Thast my only complaint about the company as a delivery driver . That being said . IF I had to work during a strike to feed my family and some :censored2: tard tried flattening my tires . I promise you at some point Ill mow your ass down in the parking lot . Protest of you got to . You dont try to injure / vandalize one of your co workers lives / vehicles for doing what they HAVE to do ....
Mow me down , scabs get what they get . Wrong response , wrong person bro , bye Felicia lol

gorilla75jdw

The simple fact that someone would actually do something like this shows me that you have no respect for others , at all . So in that I will say this . You ever see people protesting on the highway blocking traffic ? You ever see what happens when someone doesn't stop ? It generally isn't pretty and in this state its perfectly legal to not stop if you feel threatened . I consider all of my coworkers friends of mine . I would never in a million years for any amount of money destroy their own property of injure them if they were only trying to provide for their family . Once someone decides my stuff and or health is worth less then what a piece of paper says is when I decide that their life is worth less then my stuff . Simply striking by itself will get you results . Threatening people , especially people like me will not . Call me a big talker or whatever you want . Just hope your not in my way if it came to that because I promise you I wont slow down .
Go back to mommy's basement , play your video games , cross the line , get smacked , simple as that .

gorilla75jdw

And I'm ashamed someone would actually consider harming someone because there kid doesn't have food and they need a check . You guys are literally on here bragging about flattening peoples tires if they try and work . People like YOU are the ones who should be ashamed . You can get results without acting like a bunch of damn animals .... Mob mentality ... There is big difference in striking and protesting peacefully and just tearing peoples stuff up only because they need the money .
Chump

gorilla75jdw

Exactly brother , Amen

gorilla75jdw

I wish a knucklehead would mow me down , better bring every kind of emergency service vehicle that has a siren when you do , everybody going somewhere in a government licensed vehicle that has flashing lights and a siren . Mow me down

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Obviously you were not around during the "97" strike. Seriously if you need to work during the a strike find a temporary job else, there is plenty of opportunities our there currently. NEVER, NEVER cross a strike line if you plan on staying with this company. I stated before that we only had one driver cross for one day and twenty plus years later they are still being talked about, if you decide to cross you will eventually lose your job. Most Teamsters are like elephants, they never forget or forgive. Another point is that eventually you will need help from the local union maybe not before you retire, do you really think that if they know you crossed that they will put their best effort in protecting your job? Good luck with that.

At my Hub during the "97" strike no one got hurt or cars vandalized, no supervisor was threatened when they took a package car out. Most of us joked with them when they left, if we liked them, the big wigs stayed in their protected offices doing who knows what. If you ever want to live history do not fear a strike those two weeks in "97" was a major event in the labor movement and more than likely helped you into your current package car position.

For me it was a opportunity to actually talk to my fellow brothers and sisters about their lives outside the workplace. Still remember a package car drive who since long retired who always gave the appearance of one of those (postal workers) in the 70's, scared the dickens out of management, I found out that he had a PHD, and highly intelligent. He adapted to the workplace and was putting on a act to protect himself, We would never of guessed he was so brilliant.

Heavy Package

There are so many side hustles you can do now there is no reason to truly fear being out of work 1-3 weeks. People seriously need to get a grip over this crap. If we strike, you don't cross. Period. Go drive for Uber, be with a landscaper for a few weeks, etc. etc. It's not rocket science. It's UPS.

I can't imagine getting a DIAD message saying go help or meet up with "Bob" if he crossed the line. Oh hell no that ain't happening.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
What the :censored2: did you just :censored2: say about me, you little :censored2:? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals , and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the :censored2: out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my :censored2: words. You think you can get away with saying that :censored2: to me over the Internet? Think again, :censored2:. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, :censored2:. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're :censored2: dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little :censored2:. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your :censored2: tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you :censored2: idiot. I will :censored2: fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're :censored2: dead, kiddo.
Oh boy

cachmeifucan

Never cross the picket line. If you even think about crossing. All the money u make will be spent on new tires windows. Get a houpde like the movie roadhouse. Because it's coming.

Boston25

My father was in the IBEW and we went through multiple strikes in MA. And never once did he cross the picket line. 1989 was my first strike for 17 weeks and he always told me if you see a picket line, don't ever cross! Get a side job for the time but don't be a :censored2:ing scab!

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
You don’t cross, not because some blowhard says they will beat you up or because a bunch of miserable drivers that all hate each other won’t talk to you anymore. It’s for the betterment of all employees and we must show solidarity . That being said I am praying for there NOT to be a strike.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You don’t cross, not because some blowhard says they will beat you up or because a bunch of miserable drivers that all hate each other won’t talk to you anymore. It’s for the betterment of all employees and we must show solidarity . That being said I am praying for there NOT to be a strike.
the last thing anyone should want or hope for is a strike. But UPS is so soul less that a strike may be necessary. hopefully cooler heads on both sides will prevail.

PT Car Washer

the last thing anyone should want or hope for is a strike. But UPS is so soul less that a strike may be necessary. hopefully cooler heads on both sides will prevail.
I believe the company is too greedy to allow a strike. But lets not take their first offer. Make them sweat a bit and come back with something better. We also should not be working without a contract for months or whatever like last time.