PRAYING FOR A STRIKE IN AUGUST !!!

F

Frankie's Friend

We also should not be working without a contract for months or whatever like last time.

"It mirrors your company healthcare plan",
Sincerely,
K. Hall

Sure did buddy.

Nothing like negotiating with the company and the union.

bbsam

Staff member
Why would anyone cross the picket line? Even if it goes on for a month or two, so what?

What if you miss a couple payments on the house or car. So what? Your credit rating drops a hundred points? Again, so what? Foreclosures take time. Repos take time. Banks don’t wanna come and get your crap. They know you’ve already overpaid for it and don’t really want to have to auction it off.

May have some talking to do here or there, but really, I don’t see how a strike would be crippling to drivers.

Why would anyone cross the picket line? Even if it goes on for a month or two, so what?

What if you miss a couple payments on the house or car. So what? Your credit rating drops a hundred points? Again, so what? Foreclosures take time. Repos take time. Banks don’t wanna come and get your crap. They know you’ve already overpaid for it and don’t really want to have to auction it off.

May have some talking to do here or there, but really, I don’t see how a strike would be crippling to drivers.
Maybe if they didn't spend more than they make . It wouldn't be a big problem

Chester

Man this forum is full of tough guys!!! Funny thing is most of you will vote yes on the contract, as will I. Strike is a loss for both but especially lower seniority drivers who will be permanently laid off due to volume loss.

You are assuming that a strike would end at some point. Pension is what im concerned about. Exactly how long does it take for a 90% funded pension to get into critical status?

We went on strike before, and what did we get? 2 tier ft wages and failing pensions.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

AMBER ALERT

@bbsam has been kidnapped, and his account has been hacked !

We went on strike before, and what did we get? 2 tier ft wages and failing pensions.

What 2 tier ft wages ?

Failing multi-employer or pensions in general.... aren't isolated to UPS.

clean hairy

What is the probability of the Prez saying we cannot strike as it would interrupt the tansportation of goods, medicine folks need, etc?

OrionsBitch

Not...
If you’re in management, I’d like to inform you that the hourly workforce is growing and managerial positions are shrinking. Oh you thought EDD, Orion and Telematics were just for us drivers? Lmfboooooo!!!! AhahHasaaaa! Haaaaahaaaaaahasaaaa! Omg!!! Lmfboooooo! Wow!!! Hahahaaasasssaaaasssaaa!
I tell my dispatch supervisor this every day....he is clueless.....iiwas a computer science major so I decided to show him and proved it to him. I cam up with a hypothetical route that had 150 stops. I simulated one year of dispatches by varying the stops and areas on the route. (As if he was dispatching) then I wrote a simple AI program....litterally basic as could be and showed him that if this program watched how he dispatched for a year it could litterally do his job.

Obviously there are some different things I didn't account for (volume, pieces, etc.) But if you hired a group of people to program it (not the Orion team) they could figure it out pretty quick.

Basically the program figured out how to mimic what he was doing and put stops in order etc.

He didn't really know what to say lol also he wouldn't let me use real route data which would have been more accurate.

Honestly it's amazing UPS hasn't done this yet. It would be way better than ORION and wouldn't cost nearly as much.

Tony Q

I like how you just laid it out there. +1 People fear everything you just said, but its not really that bad. People have had it way tougher than not getting a check for a month or so. Great point.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I tell my dispatch supervisor this every day....he is clueless.....iiwas a computer science major so I decided to show him and proved it to him. I cam up with a hypothetical route that had 150 stops. I simulated one year of dispatches by varying the stops and areas on the route. (As if he was dispatching) then I wrote a simple AI program....litterally basic as could be and showed him that if this program watched how he dispatched for a year it could litterally do his job.

Obviously there are some different things I didn't account for (volume, pieces, etc.) But if you hired a group of people to program it (not the Orion team) they could figure it out pretty quick.

Basically the program figured out how to mimic what he was doing and put stops in order etc.

He didn't really know what to say lol also he wouldn't let me use real route data which would have been more accurate.

Honestly it's amazing UPS hasn't done this yet. It would be way better than ORION and wouldn't cost nearly as much.
I bet he gave you some amazing dispatches after that! Lol

Wit Cho Yo Goofass

Well I’m a part time clerk, & I don’t have major bills but my title alone says I get way less than drivers do. I was willing to cross the picket line and take my ass into work and go about my day as the union strike went on. But I had to like think about it & weigh my options... I just hope whatever happens my pockets or credit won’t get hurt badly. My credit is my main concern.

gorilla75jdw

Man this forum is full of tough guys!!! Funny thing is most of you will vote yes on the contract, as will I. Strike is a loss for both but especially lower seniority drivers who will be permanently laid off due to volume loss.
You obviously have no clue of what's going , let the grown folks handle this , better yet , just sit in the truck .