PRAYING FOR A STRIKE IN AUGUST !!!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
there's no way they can absorb our volume. Regardless, this issue always comes up and it's always the same: a strike is never good for either side then or now. UPS is so worried about the bottom line that they're as scared to strike as anyone. Hoffa has no intention on a strike anyway.
NO friend’ing way in hell anyone could take on our volume. We can’t even handle our own volume.

iruhnman630

there's no way they can absorb our volume. Regardless, this issue always comes up and it's always the same: a strike is never good for either side then or now. UPS is so worried about the bottom line that they're as scared to strike as anyone. Hoffa has no intention on a strike anyway.
If the rank and file vote down his first tentative agreement, which is likely, he may not have a choice.

Oceanview

A strike needs to happen..

At my hub we have 10 driving spots that need to be filled. Ups won’t hire anyone off the street anymore I was told.

None of the inside people want to drive. I assume it’s because they see what our package cars.

Holding out 4 years before a driver can earn top pay is ridiculous. I could see a year but no more than 1 year. Anything after that just seems like a ploy for them to have some drivers quit b4 making it to top rate..

Firing based on dishonesty is a joke, and needs to be thrown out.. I learned how to be dis honest by watching management.

My personal concerns about this contract is

Harassment
Wage increase
Wage progression to 1yr-2 yrs max
Less overtime! I’m sick of working 55-60 hrs a week
Hire More Drivers Make more Routes
8 hr days!!

Hannah-banana

Here is the deal...
The company will only keep asking for more from a work group that is already beyond the threshold of reasonable demands placed on any human.
Drivers going out slammed everyday are stressed
Preload trying to cram more and more into already full trucks are stressed
Supervisors trying to meet unrealistic numbers and managing a stressed work group are stressed
When is the company going to realize that is this not healthy for the employees or the company as a whole?
What do we have to do to open the collective eyes of the company?
Do we concede to the demands of UPS? Do we give them the leeway to continue down this destructive path?
Or do we make a stand for better working condition? Do we force the company to step back and reevaluate their business decisions of the past 2 decades?

Every PCM we are asked
What is the most important stop of the day?
yes we all know what we are supposed to answer...Our family...Right?

UPS does not give a damn about me or you or our families.

I am merely an employee number and when I am gone there will be another employee number to come along and take my place.

That is what needs to change in this company
The company has mutated into a monster that takes people and uses them up and spits out their dried up husks in their wake

STRIKE is necessary to stop this trend.

YES! Very well spoken! I haven't been in preload for very long, but this is exactly what I see going on! I came into this job looking for a solid, honest career. But what I've seen so far is a corporate circus and a giant human meat grinder!

The PCMs are so fake and creepy! The reality is that the job is often dangerous and ridiculous!

YES STRIKE! We are human beings and we have limits! We are some of the hardest working people out there, and enough is enough!

I will strike with you. If I lose the job because I'm newer, I don't care. This is more important!

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
YES! Very well spoken! I haven't been in preload for very long, but this is exactly what I see going on! I came into this job looking for a solid, honest career. But what I've seen so far is a corporate circus and a giant human meat grinder!

The PCMs are so fake and creepy! The reality is that the job is often dangerous and ridiculous!

YES STRIKE! We are human beings and we have limits! We are some of the hardest working people out there, and enough is enough!

I will strike with you. If I lose the job because I'm newer, I don't care. This is more important!

Good description of Corporate PCMs, most of them are downright laughable.

You will not lose your job if we walk, HR is currently beside themselves to correct their turnover ratio. Ain't nobody willing to pay the dues for that amount of starting wages, let alone wait 8 to 10 years to obtain a full time position.

The preload is the pits, it would be great if a shift deferential rate would be negotiated, the preload and night shifts could benefit with retaining their employees.

Great question that most of us have to consider is would a national strike wake up the powers that be in Atlanta, everybody has to agree there appears to be a major disconnect
between the ground forces and the ivory tower. I believe that if we walk it will be more over the years of decision making and cost cutting measures placed on the UPS workforce (Union and Non).

A line from a old movie I believe it was a Zorro comedy in the 70's comes to mind: (The Peasants are Revolting! and the following remark was: Of course they are have you seen them lately)...Sure fits the attitude from corporate.

mitchemracing4

I gotta be honest here . I personally do hope , strike or not , that UPS gives us a little more family time . Thast my only complaint about the company as a delivery driver . That being said . IF I had to work during a strike to feed my family and some :censored2: tard tried flattening my tires . I promise you at some point Ill mow your ass down in the parking lot . Protest of you got to . You dont try to injure / vandalize one of your co workers lives / vehicles for doing what they HAVE to do ....

UPS Preloader

I gotta be honest here . I personally do hope , strike or not , that UPS gives us a little more family time . Thast my only complaint about the company as a delivery driver . That being said . IF I had to work during a strike to feed my family and some :censored2: tard tried flattening my tires . I promise you at some point Ill mow your ass down in the parking lot . Protest of you got to . You dont try to injure / vandalize one of your co workers lives / vehicles for doing what they HAVE to do ....

Don’t cross the line and you won’t have any problems. They won’t mind you working, just do it elsewhere.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
A strike needs to happen..

At my hub we have 10 driving spots that need to be filled. Ups won’t hire anyone off the street anymore I was told.

None of the inside people want to drive. I assume it’s because they see what our package cars.

Holding out 4 years before a driver can earn top pay is ridiculous. I could see a year but no more than 1 year. Anything after that just seems like a ploy for them to have some drivers quit b4 making it to top rate..

Firing based on dishonesty is a joke, and needs to be thrown out.. I learned how to be dis honest by watching management.

My personal concerns about this contract is

Harassment
Wage increase
Wage progression to 1yr-2 yrs max
Less overtime! I’m sick of working 55-60 hrs a week
Hire More Drivers Make more Routes
8 hr days!!
this has been going on for at least a dozen years. it's our own fault. a strike needs to happen to wake them up.

mitchemracing4

Don’t cross the line and you won’t have any problems. They won’t mind you working, just do it elsewhere.
The simple fact that someone would actually do something like this shows me that you have no respect for others , at all . So in that I will say this . You ever see people protesting on the highway blocking traffic ? You ever see what happens when someone doesn't stop ? It generally isn't pretty and in this state its perfectly legal to not stop if you feel threatened . I consider all of my coworkers friends of mine . I would never in a million years for any amount of money destroy their own property of injure them if they were only trying to provide for their family . Once someone decides my stuff and or health is worth less then what a piece of paper says is when I decide that their life is worth less then my stuff . Simply striking by itself will get you results . Threatening people , especially people like me will not . Call me a big talker or whatever you want . Just hope your not in my way if it came to that because I promise you I wont slow down .