PRAYING FOR A STRIKE IN AUGUST !!!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Sorry for what your wife (cancer?) and you are going through. I know you've had the conversation about medical. We have a 3 yr old with respiratory crap going on(underdeveloped larynx)since birth (96 day preemie). Fortunately, when Jack was born, I was working for UPS and due to the medical insurance they provide we didn't owe nothing above our $500 yearly out of pocket expenses (per family member) to cover expenses.
I have a hard time complaining about wages, treatment, demands, medical, management, hours, green light messages, stupid updates on near misses and crashes in "our division" when, theoretically, a person with a high school diploma can get hired and make a decent living at this job.
I'm content with what I earn and the benefits me and my family receive. I'm not content on the political party my union gives my dues to, though. Yes, I'm in the union, but it wouldn't take a whole lot to drop out and exercise my "right to work" status in the state I reside.
“ It wouldn’t take a whole lot “ for a group of guys to follow you home from work one day “in the state you reside “

Nimnim

The Nim
You do realise that not one penny of your dues go towards supporting any political party, right? That's what DRIVE is for.

Don't ever let the facts get in the way of a good story, I guess.

DRIVE allows the union to support a political party directly, but you can't believe that there are no union funds that don't support a political party indirectly. I remember a few years ago when the teamster magazine, or whatever it is, was pushing Obama agendas in their articles. It may not be directly supporting a party but it's still pushing a political parties message.

You'd be a fool to say that the Teamsters don't promote a message from the Democrat party every chance they can, but they're just smart enough to no violate laws, but not smart enough to not make it obvious. It's how it is and I don't expect a union to stay out of politics, but it's pretty one sided and I know it's just how it's going to be so I don't really care until people try to claim the Teamsters aren't supporting a political party with our dues. It happens, they know how to do it without getting in trouble, that's the end of it.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Been giving $1 to drive since around '91. I know it's Democrat Republican Independent something something. I know they hold to democratic values. But this republican is thankful for what the union has done for me which is why I have no problem donating to it.

over9five

Staff member
Been giving $1 to drive since around '91. I know it's Democrat Republican Independent something something. I know they hold to democratic values. But this republican is thankful for what the union has done for me which is why I have no problem donating to it.
.....Voter Education.

Agree with that post!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Fortunately, when Jack was born, I was working for UPS and due to the medical insurance they provide we didn't owe nothing above our $500 yearly out of pocket expenses (per family member) to cover expenses.
The company doesn't "provide " you that out of the goodness of their heart . You earn that because of the Union you dislike negotiated that benefit for you....

Observer

If the union would be more fiscally responsible there would be no reason for DRIVE. I remember the last issue of the Teamster magazine prior to the 2016 election. They were so proud to recommend Crooked Hillary her photo was the same size as the rest of the people on the front. In fact they rarely mentioned her. A lot of us remember the Benghazi debacle- those people died in the embassey needlessly.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The company doesn't "provide " you that out of the goodness of their heart . You earn that because of the Union you dislike negotiated that benefit for you....

And some people just don't get it.

261zsb7.jpg

I just got a 3 month refund from the union....I am 10 times safer without the union than I am with it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The union (and their goons) no longer represents my best interests. Causing unsafe work conditions. After nearly 30 years, I may never go back. The company (on car sups) keeps me safer.

Just for a minute....

You might have had a point.

-Bug-