PRAYING FOR A STRIKE IN AUGUST !!!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Yes it is my choice as to where I am. I would not have done it differently. I don’t really care about seniority. Although I use it quite often to transfer. I would be near the top of any transfer list or feeder list.

The number 1 safety issue i have had over almost 30 years is being bumped off routes I know (by teamsters) and having to teach myself new routes blind. For me, it trumps any safety issue ups throws at me.

How is going out blind a safety issue? If going somewhere you are unfamiliar with is a safety concern you are in the wrong business. ..and a little fyi. The company sends you out blind , not the union

Chester

How is going out blind a safety issue? If going somewhere you are unfamiliar with is a safety concern you are in the wrong business. ..and a little fyi. The company sends you out blind , not the union
I think going out blind is 100% a safety issue, especially with the safety standards we are held to.

Go to another state, do 120 routes blind,
Then tell me it’s not a safety issue. A big difference between being unfamiliar with 5-10 stops or even 40 stops. And 170 stops not having knowledge of the roads or how to even get to the area. Mgmt has always put me on routes that I know. Other drivers force me to go out blind, or not work.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Then tell me it’s not a safety issue. A big difference between being unfamiliar with 5-10 stops or even 40 stops. And 170 stops not having knowledge of the roads or how to even get to the area. Mgmt has always put me on routes that I know. Other drivers force me to go out blind, or not work.
Management has the option of training you on a route, they choose not to. I've been given a map( that was three years out of date) and a crammed, bricked out package car many of times. Never got hurt. Your issue is with management not staffing and helping you do your job safely. You also choose to change areas like most people change socks. You reap what you sow

Absolutely not it’s managements fault for not having enough coverage on every route. Gotta do their job, problem is they are not held accountable like us.
In my case, most times they have enough coverage, but 1 guy wants to do the only available route you know.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You sound like an arse Kissin pusillanimous

Management has the option of training you on a route, they choose not to. I've been given a map( that was three years out of date) and a crammed, bricked out package car many of times. Never got hurt. Your issue is with management not staffing and helping you do your job safely. You also choose to change areas like most people change socks. You reap what you sow
But doesn’t change the fact that some union seniority rules are unsafe to others.

You sound like an arse Kissin pusillanimous
I’m just saying how the union can screw others. It’s usually only done to capable drivers. I’ll usually teach myself 15-20 routs in a few months. While others that have 5 years seniority struggle with only 4-5 routes.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’m just saying how the union can screw others. It’s usually only done to capable drivers. I’ll usually teach myself 15-20 routs in a few months. While others that have 5 years seniority struggle with only 4-5 routes.

You do understand how seniority works ?don’t you

Stick around in one place long enough and you’ll have some

Now it just sounds like whining

So you think guys senior to you should take the crappy routes and leave you the cake

Not how it works
Come on, with the exception of a few, the routes are basically the same. I don’t bump people to routes they don’t know, and don’t think others should either.