PRAYING FOR A STRIKE IN AUGUST !!!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
But doesn’t change the fact that some union seniority rules are unsafe to others.
Your beef is with management, not the union. Training issues are a company concern. Have you filed a grievance on these unsafe working conditions? I am sure the union would love to argue on your behalf that you should have proper training on any route you do

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Come on, with the exception of a few, the routes are basically the same. I don’t bump people to routes they don’t know, and don’t think others should either.

If they are basically the same then why does it matter

I don’t think you understand how all this works.

It’s really not that hard to understand

542thruNthru

I’m just saying how the union can screw others. It’s usually only done to capable drivers. I’ll usually teach myself 15-20 routs in a few months. While others that have 5 years seniority struggle with only 4-5 routes.

So again you only have a problem with the rules that don't help you.

How do you know every time you transferred that you didn't stop someone else with less seniority that needed that transfer. Someone with family issues maybe.

The system isn't perfect but it's much MUCH better then the company would provide. So go ahead and keep being a leech. Stop paying dues to the union that gave you everything you have. You can say it was the company but they only gave you the opportunity of a job. The union made sure you were paid well, givin benefits, pension and hell they even clothed you. With no union the company would demand you pay for a portion of these nice uniforms.

For a 30 year driver you sure look at everything like a child.

F

Frankie's Friend

But doesn’t change the fact that some union seniority rules are unsafe to others.
20180523_221643.jpg

"120 routes" later and he still doesn't understand.
Good luck.
120 routes, that amateur play.

Why all the tears then? Learn 5 a week like we did...
without EDD, PAL labels, and printed maps with stops numbered on it.
I did that, and have been doing it for many, many years. Never had stops numbered on a map tho. All I’m saying is that bumping someone and making them do a route blind it is unsafe. I don’t think it’s fair that I can bump a 25 year driver from a feeder sign up.

Your beef is with management, not the union. Training issues are a company concern. Have you filed a grievance on these unsafe working conditions? I am sure the union would love to argue on your behalf that you should have proper training on any route you do
More than 90% on the time they have the training coverage. This year alone they have had 100% training coverage.

clean hairy

All you have done is complain about going out blind, and it being unsafe to do so.
AND you say it is the fault of the Union.
If you were the leader of your local Union, what would you do to make going out blind safe?
Anyone who has a concern about safety, usually has an idea how to resolve the issue.
What is yours?

All you have done is complain about going out blind, and it being unsafe to do so.
AND you say it is the fault of the Union.
If you were the leader of your local Union, what would you do to make going out blind safe?
Anyone who has a concern about safety, usually has an idea how to resolve the issue.
What is yours?
As you know, many are not capable of going out blind. I would write language to eliminate it or greatly reduce it. As I’ve said before mgmt has had plenty of coverage, over 90% of the time it’s been drivers bumping.

F

Frankie's Friend

120 routes, that amateur play.

I did that, and have been doing it for many, many years. Never had stops numbered on a map tho. All I’m saying is that bumping someone and making them do a route blind it is unsafe. I don’t think it’s fair that I can bump a 25 year driver from a feeder sign up.
Seriously dude look at the situation for a minute.
We get paid by the hour. Our only responsibilities are:
1. Work safely using the methods.
2. Deliver the pkgs yo the right address and on time.
3. Adhere to all laws of AHJs (authority having jurisdiction).
4. Dont miss pickups.

That's it. If you run 3 hrs "over allowed" on a blind route until you get it figured out it's not your problem. The company could've trained you on that area prior to the day you got bumped into it.

Someone is going to run something in the blind. If the company refuses to train drivers on areas they dont know it's like putting a preloader on a new set of cars with no pal labels on the pkgs and no charts hung on the trucks. It's the company's responsibility to train employees.
If they dont want to spend the time and money training they will spend it fixing the mess later on at time and one-half either on the preload, on road, with missed pkgs, or with two other drivers on overtime to bail out the problem they created.

End of story.