PRAYING FOR A STRIKE IN AUGUST !!!

vvv

One guy that was especially visible on the picket line was targeted when we went back. I saw him leave the building one morning with the center manager, bldg manager and the OCS riding in his truck. They busted his agates for a while too. He was a hard boiled Teamster though so they couldn’t break him. Legendary.
Where did they all sit?

vvv

They stood. It was ridiculous. One in the jump seat, the other 2 asses in the back.
I would have never even thought about moving the truck so much as an inch. Total safety hazard and not to mention a distraction. And on a side note our building leadership would never let that take place from the jump.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I would have never even thought about moving the truck so much as an inch. Total safety hazard and not to mention a distraction. And on a side note our building leadership would never let that take place from the jump.
Things were different then.

Thebrownblob

Yep I remember when I started there wasn’t a jumpseat, in every truck they had removable ones. I always wondered why because two or three supervisor ride with you was before my package car time.

Honestly, if there was a supervisor standing in the back of my truck when I was driving, there would’ve been quite a few “accidental” curb checks!

Oops sorry boss man

UnionStrong

Yep I remember when I started there wasn’t a jumpseat, in every truck they had removable ones. I always wondered why because two or three supervisor ride with you was before my package car time.

Honestly, if there was a supervisor standing in the back of my truck when I was driving, there would’ve been quite a few “accidental” curb checks!

Oops sorry boss man
Those stupid seats. You had find one then carry it like a saddle to the truck. Lol

Mr. Marshall

For the record I did not receive a shotgun but I did get a kayak for my 25 year anniversary a couple of years back and I guy I was talking to just got a power tool kit or something similar a couple of months back so that program is still in place.

Thebrownblob

For the record I did not receive a shotgun but I did get a kayak for my 25 year anniversary a couple of years back and I guy I was talking to just got a power tool kit or something similar a couple of months back so that program is still in place.
I received A power washer it was a complete piece of crap. But I did receive something.

vvv

I'm 35+ years buddy. There is regular passenger seat of course, and in very old package cars some rails or what not fitted to floor to accommodate a 3rd person, so I have an understanding as to what you mean.

But never was there room for a 4th. So as I said truck would not move if it were me back then nor nowadays.

UnionStrong

I'm 35+ years buddy. There is regular passenger seat of course, and in very old package cars some rails or what not fitted to floor to accommodate a 3rd person, so I have an understanding as to what you mean.

But never was there room for a 4th. So as I said truck would not move if it were me back then nor nowadays.
Well alright then.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

@scratch has a pic of the old school 3rd seat.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.

Funny to see them roll down a hill and jump up to please their boss man. Fun times. Sad to see what they will do for mip.

25TOLIFE

Here is the deal...
The company will only keep asking for more from a work group that is already beyond the threshold of reasonable demands placed on any human.
Drivers going out slammed everyday are stressed
Preload trying to cram more and more into already full trucks are stressed
Supervisors trying to meet unrealistic numbers and managing a stressed work group are stressed
When is the company going to realize that is this not healthy for the employees or the company as a whole?
What do we have to do to open the collective eyes of the company?
Do we concede to the demands of UPS? Do we give them the leeway to continue down this destructive path?
Or do we make a stand for better working condition? Do we force the company to step back and reevaluate their business decisions of the past 2 decades?

Every PCM we are asked
What is the most important stop of the day?
yes we all know what we are supposed to answer...Our family...Right?

UPS does not give a damn about me or you or our families.

I am merely an employee number and when I am gone there will be another employee number to come along and take my place.

That is what needs to change in this company
The company has mutated into a monster that takes people and uses them up and spits out their dried up husks in their wake

STRIKE is necessary to stop this trend.
A strike won't stop this trend. You will just get paid more to put up with it.

Brownwind

I got a nice radio with a cd player and iPhone charger. ( I doubt my phone will still work in the older plug that came with it) I miss my yearly trinkets they used to give us

Thebrownblob

I got a nice radio with a cd player and iPhone charger. ( I doubt my phone will still work in the older plug that came with it) I miss my yearly trinkets they used to give us
As petty as it sounds, it did sort of give the illusion that they cared and were appreciative.

Last edited:

kforte36

Sorry for any punctuation problems , English was not my best subject and unfortunately all of my schools were in the "hood" , as I was raised in the inner city . But I think the message is pretty clear , "LET'S KICK THEIR :censored2:'S " !!!! Folks need/should not hesitate to arm our weak :censored2: Union negotiators with the threat equivalent of a fully automatic shotgun ,not a freaking dull :censored2: butter knife . Yes , I'm full of liquid courage tonight , but rest assured adult beverages or not my thought process on this issue will remain the same
This is our livelihood, our career ,our families depend on us as we depend on our Union negotiators/leadership . And while I'm trying to refrain from bringing Trump/politics into this I do understand past history as to which party usually supports Union's and it's not the one I voted for this go around ,but like I said in the original post , Trump already gave the tax cuts out , he should as a business man foresee that the employees should reap some of the reward like all the other company's have done for the most part . But watch and see in typical UPS fashion ,they will say they cannot pass out any monetary bonuses because our contract does not allow it , which is total "b.S.
Straight up legend right here!!