Pre-load Start times

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I just started working a few weeks ago and on Friday I forgot to grab the time schedule sheet for this week. How do I tel when I should go in?

How do people hold jobs when they have no clue how to do things AT WORK?

Do ya have anyone's number from work? Call or text them, nevermind, Tweet them or SC them.

If you don't want to do that, stay the friend* home and just show up whenever.

If none of the above apply, go in 15 minutes earlier than you did last week.

Jstpeachy

Depends on your building... ours has a fb page they post to, some have the sup send a group text message... it’s possible some have it posted in building but ours changes every day so Idk about that.

Jstpeachy

Lol at all the sarcasm... I’ve never had a job like this where your schedule wasn’t actually scheduled so the op question makes sense lol. Though you should ask this info at the start. *shrugs*

scooby0048

In the "real world" - every company I've worked for didn't have shoddy fly by night operations. Ergo, schedules are posted, employees are educated on all facets of the job and what is expected of them, etc. They aren't just thrown in the pool and told to swim without so much of a question as to if they even know what water is. Hell, when I worked for Verizon, there was a method and procedure (called an M&P for short) for everything within the course and scope of the job. Granted, it was overkill at times, but if ever you had a question on how to handle a situation, what to do, etc - all you had to do was review the M&P's. UPS? Seems you could have a simple question - ask 5 different people that question, and get 5 different answers, none of which are right. I digress.

Stop whining about it.

You carry a damn phone with a camera don't you? Take picture of the schedule before you punch out on Friday. If you can't remember to do that, then it's your problem and you obviously aren't responsible enough to even have a job.

Jstpeachy

Stop whining about it.

You carry a damn phone with a camera don't you? Take picture of the schedule before you punch out on Friday. If you can't remember to do that, then it's your problem and you obviously aren't responsible enough to even have a job.

Lol there’s not a schedule posted on Friday... that’s probably why he/she is asking... we have been notified as late at 7pm for start time for the next day. UPS makes it complicated by trying to save a dollar changing start times by 5 minutes to 2-3 hours daily.

Jstpeachy

In the "real world" - every company I've worked for didn't have shoddy fly by night operations. Ergo, schedules are posted, employees are educated on all facets of the job and what is expected of them, etc. They aren't just thrown in the pool and told to swim without so much of a question as to if they even know what water is. Hell, when I worked for Verizon, there was a method and procedure (called an M&P for short) for everything within the course and scope of the job. Granted, it was overkill at times, but if ever you had a question on how to handle a situation, what to do, etc - all you had to do was review the M&P's. UPS? Seems you could have a simple question - ask 5 different people that question, and get 5 different answers, none of which are right. I digress.

This is most definitely the most unorganized place I’ve ever worked...

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Lol there’s not a schedule posted on Friday... that’s probably why he/she is asking... we have been notified as late at 7pm for start time for the next day. UPS makes it complicated by trying to save a dollar changing start times by 5 minutes to 2-3 hours daily.

Check your contract. Part timers are guaranteed at my local to know their start time by the end of the previous shift at my local.

Once I leave, they don't get to change tomorrow's start time.

Jstpeachy

Check your contract. Part timers are guaranteed at my local to know there start time by the end of the previous shift at my local.

Once I leave, they don't get to change tomorrow's start time.

I’ll check on that, I’m in the southern supplement which I’ve heard is the worst but I’ll definitely give it a look. It has gotten better with the new center manager but still random and still posted to Facebook daily

scooby0048

See if you would take the time to look at a contract book, you would know that there needs to be a schedule posted.

scooby0048

I’ll check on that, I’m in the southern supplement which I’ve heard is the worst but I’ll definitely give it a look. It has gotten better with the new center manager but still random and still posted to Facebook daily
Facebook is not an official means to communicate at UPS.

scooby0048

tell that to my building... because that’s how it’s done here.
I'm telling you. Grab your got damned steward and file a grievance. If you don't want to, then don't complain. Facebook is NOT an official means to communicate, the schedule needs to be posted on the Friday before you all leave.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
What's this Facebook thing?

Absolutely correct answer when management tells you to look for start times there.
And no, you are not willing to sign up.

But any other method excluding calling, emailing, or driving out to my house works for letting me know start time for tomorrow.

Jstpeachy

I'm telling you. Grab your got damned steward and file a grievance. If you don't want to, then don't complain. Facebook is NOT an official means to communicate, the schedule needs to be posted on the Friday before you all leave.

I’m not actually complaining to be fair... rather stating the facts of the job as I’ve seen it go to someone asking a question. I did check the entire southern supplement and see nothing about posted schedules as it pertains to part timers, but perhaps I overlooked it. The union is super weak in my building and the steward on preload says flat out not to file grievances basically so there’s that also lol. Gotta love Georgia, we just don’t really get the union around here. I’m relocating at the end of the year or I’d press more involvement- we pay dues there should be a rep that actually assists folks but alas this place doesn’t seem to care as a whole.