Pre loader excuses

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Only time I'll give a preloader a hard time is if he stops loading my truck because he saw me and expects me to do it.

Nope.. that's your job not mine.

They are spoiled from the ones who work before start time. That is one thing when I was first preloading I didn’t even realize some of the drivers were working off the clock. Thought they had early start or something. If I saw them in the truck I just stacked it out for them to load lol.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I can straighten that up in two minutes. Need to make it worse next time.
Lmao. Once, some turd burglar took a bunch of larger fdl peices, wrote random hin numbers on them, and loaded them throughout the truck with address and pal labels down. I was actually impressed

Poop Head

Judge me.
Only time I'll give a preloader a hard time is if he stops loading my truck because he saw me and expects me to do it.

Nope.. that's your job not mine.
Go to truck to put bag on seat or behind bulkhead.

New guy: *scans pkg, holds it out towards me* "here, this is a 1492".
Me: "ok." *walk away*

pierregarcon

What you dont see is the air deep in the back.
Honestly I don't care. Inform my management that I am missing an air and it will be late if found. Find it later and deliver it. Usually get a message asking where it was. Inform them I found it in the 5,6,7,8 etc. The last I ever hear about it.

takesteady

Loader here. My comrades who deliberately sabotage operations to get one over on their cranky drivers are complete p***. I know a lot of drivers can be jerks, but it is so DUMB to put your job in jeopardy all to get a cheap rise out of them . Just WAD and take some pride in your job. What do I care if a driver wants to act like a cry baby and embarrass themselves in front of their coworkers? They’re not my boss as much as some wish they were.

Last edited:

Grindstone

A few Mondays back, I got to my truck after pcm, preload is "wrapped." Preloader had stacked 3 totes of smalls in rdr spot. I started loading them and sup walks by and says "I can't believe he just left those there!" Over hear him talking to another pt sup: "didn't he apply for management?"...."yup"

Re-Raise

The feeder driver was an hour late with the trailer from CACH..

so they put three unloaders in it and told us to just get them in the right trucks

J.D. Hogg

About halfway through the preload,
Heard a young 'un once say through watery eyes,
"Oh no! These are my favorite sweatpants, and now they're ruined !"
:bloodshot:

snarts

If you actually do that, you are a piece of garbage.
I've done it once to this miserable old :censored2: who always had something to say when he came in for his shift. He wanted me to manicure his truck and put stops specifically where he wanted to, and got an attitude when I didn't. He would talk down to me like I worked for him. I made his job more difficult than it needed to be for an entire week until he finally swallowed his ego and apologized. The sups didn't care either when he complained since putting no effort into loading his truck improved my production numbers.

takesteady

I've done it once to this miserable old * who always had something to say when he came in for his shift. He wanted me to manicure his truck and put stops specifically where he wanted to, and got an attitude when I didn't. He would talk down to me like I worked for him. I made his job more difficult than it needed to be for an entire week until he finally swallowed his ego and apologized. The sups didn't care either when he complained since putting no effort into loading his truck improved my production numbers.
Who gives a :censored2: what he says? He’s not your boss. You have no obligation to listen to him. Whenever a driver starts harassing me like that, I just smile and nod my head at them like I’m really simple. It’s cliche, but nothing makes a bully angrier then when you don’t give them the reaction they want. If you’re lucky, this will turn them into a red faced sputtering mess, which is super funny and embarrassing for them 😂

whatever you do, don’t sacrifice the quality of your work or intentionally obstruct operations, which can cost you your job. It’s not worth a bit of petty revenge.

Last edited:

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I've done it once to this miserable old * who always had something to say when he came in for his shift. He wanted me to manicure his truck and put stops specifically where he wanted to, and got an attitude when I didn't. He would talk down to me like I worked for him. I made his job more difficult than it needed to be for an entire week until he finally swallowed his ego and apologized. The sups didn't care either when he complained since putting no effort into loading his truck improved my production numbers.
You made that driver a lot of money.

AwashBwashCwash

Go to truck to put bag on seat or behind bulkhead.

New guy: *scans pkg, holds it out towards me* "here, this is a 1492".
Me: "ok." *walk away*

If you don't want to load then stay out of the truck until you're on the clock.
That really used to be a pet peeve of mine.
These drivers want to stand around in the truck and gawk at the load while you are trying to work.
All you're doing is getting in the way and slowing preload down.

Arch

As a driver I don't care how you load the truck anymore. Once I valid my airs and deliver them, the next thing I do is park the truck and sort everything out. I don't care if it takes up to an hour to do so. If irregulars are blocking my way, I set them all outside until I fix the shelves and floor. The rest of my day will be smooth. The hour that I lost will be worth it to the 3 hours that would have accumulated if I didn't.

wilberforce15

Preloaders need to learn they dealing with a driver is like dealing with an abused dog.

Even if they were once good dogs, they've taken enough kicks in the face that they will snap for any or no reason. Between the divorces, the write-ups, the bum knees, and delayed retirement, just pat them on the head and move along.