Pre-work health check

542thruNthru

Ok. Does this fall under some sort of emergency or other, like operational needs etc.? Surely, the co. didn't just implement this...right? Seriously, what"s next?

I don't know of any emergency conditions and operational needs article that says the company doesn't have to pay us to do something.

I don't know what's next. I'm just a lowly driver.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It looks like a free pass to get out of work to me. Seriously, you take your own temperature and then "contact your center manager and let him know you will be staying at home"?

542thruNthru

It looks like a free pass to get out of work to me. Seriously, you take your own temperature and then "contact your center manager and let him know you will be staying at home"?

Thought the same thing but you'll be forced to stay out 10 days and consult your physician.

Personally I think that means UPS is forcing you to quarantine and should pay you the EPL but I'm hearing they are saying no.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Thought the same thing but you'll be forced to stay out 10 days and consult your physician.

Personally I think that means UPS is forcing you to quarantine and should pay you the EPL but I'm hearing they are saying no.
We got plenty of guys who can ride out 10 days without a paycheck, especially with the hours everyone is putting in right now.
Also there is now a link to the prework check form on UPSers, don't know if that's been mentioned yet.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants

hiw about just showing up everyday, punch in and make them send you home each day for the ten days, then file for the 8hrs. think thatll fly? put the burden on them. youre being told you cant work, without any sort of medical check up. Im no doctor.

or play the game the opposite way, send UPS a bill everyday they require you to use your property for their gain or benefit. they could offer to buy you a thermometer (bahahahaha) ,but youre under zero obligation to except ups property to be stored at your place of residence. you could send them a rental fee for storage. a daily storage fee.

quad decade guy

hiw about just showing up everyday, punch in and make them send you home each day for the ten days, then file for the 8hrs. think thatll fly? put the burden on them. youre being told you cant work, without any sort of medical check up. Im no doctor.

or play the game the opposite way, send UPS a bill everyday they require you to use your property for their gain or benefit. they could offer to buy you a thermometer (bahahahaha) ,but youre under zero obligation to except ups property to be stored at your place of residence. you could send them a rental fee for storage. a daily storage fee.

Ok. Fair enough. Now seriously: WE all knew it would come down to this-us/them.
Rebellion/non-compliance was/is instantaneous. Yet, there it is. So Union/contract side of it: what are our rights(employees)?

CRG817

Its crap. My local already says its optional. Ive even gone to CDC site and WHO a fever alone doesnt mean you automatically have covid-19. Women can have mild fevers for being a women. Gastrointestinal issues can cause fevers. They send you home for fever is bull forcing you to see a doctor which now can be weeks out for an appointment, hospitals are quick but thats making you even more so exposed and not everyone owns a damn thermometer.....this by far is the biggest load of dookie. Talk to your union people. My sup told me today they dont care what the union has to say and when I told my steward he laughed. Next few weeks are gunna get nasty in UPS world. To many people are refusing already what they gunna do send a whole hub home lol wheres my popcorn this gunna be hilarious.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Its crap. My local already says its optional. Ive even gone to CDC site and WHO a fever alone doesnt mean you automatically have covid-19. Women can have mild fevers for being a women. Gastrointestinal issues can cause fevers. They send you home for fever is bull forcing you to see a doctor which now can be weeks out for an appointment, hospitals are quick but thats making you even more so exposed and not everyone owns a damn thermometer.....this by far is the biggest load of dookie. Talk to your union people. My sup told me today they dont care what the union has to say and when I told my steward he laughed. Next few weeks are gunna get nasty in UPS world. To many people are refusing already what they gunna do send a whole hub home lol wheres my popcorn this gunna be hilarious.

Damn, if they do that in my building I'll make sure to sit in my car with the heater full blast before going in. I'll happily go home, collect my covid pay, then use my sick bank, and then I'll try to find a doctor to see. Then I'll call and ask how much longer UPS wants me to stay home.

AwashBwashCwash

Here what happens is you aren't allowed to return to work until cleared by a physician.
Which means you'd have to go get one of those q-tips shoved up into your sinuses.
Not worth it IMO

542thruNthru

Here what happens is you aren't allowed to return to work until cleared by a physician.
Which means you'd have to go get one of those q-tips shoved up into your sinuses.
Not worth it IMO

Not just there but everywhere.
sketch-1594176960205.jpg

hexmurph

Local 767 has advised us that this is strictly voluntary. But most are doing it anyway.

The rumor yesterday was the DM threatened any refusal with termination pending labor hearing. They walked that :censored2: back real fast. And the place was crawling with BA's tonight.

AwashBwashCwash

Local 767 has advised us that this is strictly voluntary. But most are doing it anyway.

The rumor yesterday was the DM threatened any refusal with termination pending labor hearing. They walked that :censored2: back real fast. And the place was crawling with BA's tonight.

Stories like this make me jealous.
I wish we had a strong union culture here.
Our steward and BA might as well be management.