Predicted Peak Volume

MassWineGuy

One of our managers told me that volume for peak is predicted to be less than last year, which, for our region anyway, was quite light. And that was when we had Amazon.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
One of our managers told me that volume for peak is predicted to be less than last year, which, for our region anyway, was quite light. And that was when we had Amazon.
Well there's the kiss of death right there. Anytime some manager makes a prediction like that, it's usually wrong.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I haven’t heard a thing yet about projected volume for peak. Even with Amazon, last year was lighter than recent years. What are your thoughts on this?

Also, Frontline said that domestic and international cargo flights will be reduced after the new year. How might that filter down to the station level?
I say 6

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
:villagewrong:
So you’re saying a computer told you that last years peak went smoothly?

So you're saying I should believe the posts of an old man who incessantly complains about EVERYTHING and has no awareness of anything other than what he has witnessed firsthand?

I get it, peak sucked for you. Then again, everything sucks for you.

Cactus

So you're saying I should believe the posts of an old man who incessantly complains about EVERYTHING and has no awareness of anything other than what he has witnessed firsthand?

I get it, peak sucked for you. Then again, everything sucks for you.
Nice try of the twisting of words.

Peak sucked NATIONWIDE but I'm sure Fred told you differently so can I help it if believe everything he says? You're one gullible dude.

MassWineGuy

I’m thinking that Fred may be freaking out a little over the significant revenue drop. No more production bonuses for ops managers. Medical benefit costs soaring. I wouldn’t be very surprised if the company adopts a lay-off policy at some point.

59 Dano

Nice try of the twisting of words.

Peak sucked NATIONWIDE but I'm sure Fred told you differently so can I help it if believe everything he says? You're one gullible dude.

WDLs decreased YoY, SQI metrics were stronger YoY. It's like the score of the Super Bowl or how many minutes are in an hour. Arguing it just makes you look stupid. ER.

59 Dano

I’m thinking that Fred may be freaking out a little over the significant revenue drop. No more production bonuses for ops managers. Medical benefit costs soaring. I wouldn’t be very surprised if the company adopts a lay-off policy at some point.

Ops managers lost their bonuses in 2008 and also took pay cuts (as did all management). 401 matches were suspended. Medical benefits costs have been going up for years. This is nowhere near as bad as 2008.

Cactus

WDLs decreased YoY, SQI metrics were stronger YoY. ER.
Oh wow, so impressive. Freight was consistently late coast to coast, Service sucked due to overloading the system, Memphis once again didn't realize that Christmas falls on December 25th etc.

Arguing it just makes you look stupid. ER.

MassWineGuy

Where are you working? I know that our managers were getting bonuses until pretty recently. And I get 401 k matching every week.

59 Dano

Oh wow, so impressive. Freight was consistently late coast to coast, Service sucked due to overloading the system, Memphis once again didn't realize that Christmas falls on December 25th etc.

Explain the increases in SQI and the decreases in WDLs. I'll wait patiently.