Preload meal period.

542thruNthru

What’s wrong with starting at 4:37am on the dot

giphy-15.gif

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Nothing inherently wrong with it i guess lol. Just what happened to 15 minute intervals? & minutes of precious time saved i suppose lol.
It's a game of telephone. Keeping track of 5 days where T through friend is the exact same time is a lot easier than 5 completely separate times, all of which are down to the nearest minute, rather than 5-15 minutes.

Your sups would love to have start times like this if they can get away with it... because it can convince or otherwise condition employees into showing up earlier, maybe setting up earlier and perhaps even working earlier.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's a game of telephone. Keeping track of 5 days where T through friend is the exact same time is a lot easier than 5 completely separate times, all of which are down to the nearest minute, rather than 5-15 minutes.

Your sups would love to have start times like this if they can get away with it... because it can convince or otherwise condition employees into showing up earlier, maybe setting up earlier and perhaps even working earlier.

Just have to learn to play the game

Days

View attachment 244742 Yea it makes no sense. Called lunch at 5:45 am today. I noticed alot of other threads here about time card shavings and problems with lunches/meal periods. Nationwide perhaps? Btw, our start times are still ridiculous. Started at 4:37am on the dot.

Lol most ridiculous start times. Personally I’d be complaining a lot about that.

Also I would love a 30 minute Lunch but understand why losing that pay would suck

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Wow, great reply and information. Just got off work and saw this. The combined 45 minute meal period clearly violates what you pointed out. Like the other people said it makes absolutely no sense to take a lunch for a part time preload. I work the unload and all the trucks are done after 3 hours. You can get an maybe an extra 30 minutes by staying and doing all the tape ups or helping out with irregs but then you took a lunch so that's 30 minutes gone. I know preloaders get more hours but management wants everyone out by 9. This isn't hurting me financially but for others who only have this job or need the money I could see how infuriating it would be. I'm surprised no one in my building has actually said anything but no one files grievances ever here and the package handlers here don't care about the job or drop like flies and quit in less than a year. Another thing I would like to point out is that our part timer shop steward recently went driving so we don"t have one in building during preload operations at the moment. Anyways, hope yall are having a good evening thank you for the replies.
Theres a problem. Ur steward aint there.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude

Im not touchin crap until its my start time. Ill clock in but if im getting paid 415 then i. Not liftin nuthin til 415.

Days

Start time was 4am. I clocked in at exactly 4am. They said i was late and should have been at my assigned work area at 4am.

Ya I know that if the start time is 4:00 and you punch in at 4:00 it registers as late in the system. I’ve been talked to about that before. Have to punch in at 3:59 and you’re fine

Oak

Another thing I would like to point out is that our part timer shop steward recently went driving so we don"t have one in building during preload operations at the moment.
Sounds like you've been there a while and may be there a while more. No time like the present to run for steward on your shift. Sounds like your brothers could really benefit from having a steward around. Would be good for you as well.