preloader trainee calling in sick

extranatty

Our preload put "UPS is hiring" stickers on random packages on Tuesday. Took me forever to peel those damn things off before delivering them.

You're a saint. Thank you for saving those potential new hires.

Today I realized that it's in the union's interest for UPS to abuse part-timers. Just think how much they make off of the people that work under a year. $22/mo and $300 in initiation fees. And of those who actually survive the first 2 weeks, 90% quit by 9 months. They're collecting hundreds of dollars from thousands of new hires and paying nothing back. It's brilliant.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You're a saint. Thank you for saving those potential new hires.

Today I realized that it's in the union's interest for UPS to abuse part-timers. Just think how much they make off of the people that work under a year. $22/mo and $300 in initiation fees. And of those who actually survive the first 2 weeks, 90% quit by 9 months. They're collecting hundreds of dollars from thousands of new hires and paying nothing back. It's brilliant.

IMG_1239.GIF

davidix

So first off im a long time lurker, been doing ups seasonal for the last three years (preloader, preloader, driver helper). I finally decided to do permanent pt preloader. Im still a trainy/probabtion and 38 working days in. I had to call in sick today due to feeling very sick. How will calling in sick and still being a trainy effect me could they just let me go for calling in sick?

They are lucky preloaders even show up to work. Trust me you'll be fine.