Preloader v. hardcore union driver

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Ive been in a certain area for a few weeks now. Usually between 3 cars I have 1100. His car is the lightest of the three never more than 380 pcs, no big bulk stops. He constantly complains, I am a loader that gives a :censored2: and try to give the best load possible. The other drivers are friendly never complain, but this guy. He shows up I don't know when? I'm out of there after most of the drivers are there and we are done with ground and air and he still hasn't shown up.

Well today apparently a box I put in there "busted open" and the contents fell out. I loaded it and it was taped, the top flaps were taped. He sent a picture to the dispatch, dispatch sent it to the FT sup, sup contacted me. Is this going to be an issue tomorrow morning?

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
Don’t know why he threw you under the bus like that, but you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. They might talk to you about it but you won’t be disciplined.

In the future, don’t load any boxes that are even slightly damaged. Let rewrap/overgoods take care of it.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Ive been in a certain area for a few weeks now. Usually between 3 cars I have 1100. His car is the lightest of the three never more than 380 pcs, no big bulk stops. He constantly complains, I am a loader that gives a :censored2: and try to give the best load possible. The other drivers are friendly never complain, but this guy. He shows up I don't know when? I'm out of there after most of the drivers are there and we are done with ground and air and he still hasn't shown up.

Well today apparently a box I put in there "busted open" and the contents fell out. I loaded it and it was taped, the top flaps were taped. He sent a picture to the dispatch, dispatch sent it to the FT sup, sup contacted me. Is this going to be an issue tomorrow morning?
nothing you can do, some drivers like to complain. All you can do is ask him what he wants and what way he wants it

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Quit talking to sups off the clock.

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli

When I was a cover driver(utility) I got the best piece of advice I ever got at UPS.
Find the biggest crybaby whining driver and that's the route you want to run.
They are always gravy.

Not necessarily.
In my experience it's the suck up go getters who get fired. Because they always cut corners to please bossman
People get fired for dishonesty. I’ve seen people fired for not taking lunch, not reporting a crash, and many crybabies that have trouble doing the job.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Don’t know why he threw you under the bus like that, but you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. They might talk to you about it but you won’t be disciplined.

In the future, don’t load any boxes that are even slightly damaged. Let rewrap/overgoods take care of it.
He's like 50 something, im sure he has been there for too many years. I literally have seen him once in the three weeks I have been loading this area, and have spoken to him that one time.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
50 something!? Jesus he's ancient! Just ignore him, he'll die soon of natural causes.
lol yeah, this short little dude with glasses. He's a mix between Newt Gingrich and Milton from Office Space...
ap_180232181025_wide-fa634f3f57036e0a857cccb0aac59fc3b0b41e65.jpg
Milton Office Space.jpg

and cranky as all get out.

Not in my experience.

The few drivers I’ve been around that bitch non stop....management has never tried to mess with them.
Seem to always catch them being dishonest. padding stops (double sheeting pkgs), running excess miles, signing for pkgs, grabbing a pkg out of another car. All were crybabies.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Seem to always catch them being dishonest. padding stops (double sheeting pkgs), running excess miles, signing for pkgs, grabbing a pkg out of another car. All were crybabies.
Like I said in my experience it’s never happened that way.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I would rock his world

A few misleads some 1000s in the 8000 section bury some smalls under the bulk

Oh wait, that’s a normal day

Like I said in my experience it’s never happened that way.
I hear you, everyone’s experience is different. I’ve seen about a dozen drivers fired. 2 for skipping lunch, one for
Drugs the rest were the crybabies that attracted attention to themselves, demanding strict enforcement of parts of the contract. Not able to do a split of 10-20 stops. Being 2-4 hours over anybody else that does their route. It takes time, but they intimately get fired for dishonesty.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I hear you, everyone’s experience is different. I’ve seen about a dozen drivers fired. 2 for skipping lunch, one for
Drugs the rest were the crybabies that attracted attention to themselves, demanding strict enforcement of parts of the contract. Not able to do a split of 10-20 stops. Being 2-4 hours over anybody else that does their route. It takes time, but they intimately get fired for dishonesty.
You've seen somebody fired for being over allowed.
I-dont-believe-you.gif