Preloaders: “Swoletards” vs Everyone Else

Days

What’s considered swole cuz everyone has their own definition.

What’s considered obese too? First 15 lbs or are we talking 300+

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Kind of a PITA when a bunch of little stops get assigned to the whole 5000 shelf but the bulk is just behind it at 1900. The nature of the route going top to bottom front to back in the car leads to loads that favor heavy :censored2: right up against the front door.

I'm trying to get dispatchers to use "5990" and "7990" assignments for my own area but bad preloaders will still manage to screw that up elsewhere.

Preloaders: If the back of one of your floors/shelves is light or empty. It is a very good idea to fit one or two of the bulk stops there. 40 pieces are a lot easier to deliver off of RDL than up against the hand cart.

BiggieBrown

Now that I'm on preload I always laugh when drivers whine about my putting heavy stuff on the top shelf and ask me to stop, and then I keep on doing what I was doing.
I still remember when I was on local sort, guys. I still remember the :censored2: you drivers do to twilight. Funny how drivers want their load perfect in the morning but when it's time to dump off all their pick-ups onto twilight crew, anything goes.

watdaflock?

Just to rant a bit about a certain type of preloaders we’ve been getting a lot of in my center. I call them “Swoletards”. They are, obviously, swole individuals that seem to be avid weightlifters.

Despite their physical fitness level they are rarely good preloaders. Sure, some eventually learn to make their loads look nice and neat. But the devil is in the details. These guys will literally put the largest and heaviest boxes on the shelves and then can’t figure out why they run out of room so fast.

The end result is typically bulk stops of dog food, Rogue Fitness, Ensure, copying paper, individual over 70s, and those giant Walmart boxes that only takes two of to wipe out an entire section, all on the shelves. The average sized boxes are stacked under the furniture they couldn’t fit on the shelves. And throw in a Rogue Fitness Echo Bike up front blocking the bulk head door as a cherry on top. And nothing in RDR or RDL.

I’ve had better luck with scrawny, average, and obese loaders loading my trucks than the typical swole loader. Most end up being Swoletards. Even after they are shown exactly what to do and not to do. I don’t what else can be done to get through to these guys. Maybe the best course of action is to encourage them to put in their letters for management.
Tell them to quit putting heavy stuff on the top shelf.

Hope this helps.

Zowert

I asked this dude, who was obviously into bodybuilding, if he could just put my air in the cab for me. His response, “You don’t need to tell me how to do my job bro!”

The next morning my air was mixed in with 40+ pieces on the 1000 shelf. I wasted almost ten minutes trying to find three NDAs. 5-10 miss loads were the norm with that guy, so yeah I know the type you’re talking about.

BiggieBrown

I asked this dude, who was obviously into bodybuilding, if he could just put my air in the cab for me. His response, “You don’t need to tell me how to do my job bro!”

The next morning my air was mixed in with 40+ pieces on the 1000 shelf. I wasted almost ten minutes trying to find three NDAs. 5-10 miss loads were the norm with that guy, so yeah I know the type you’re talking about.

Love it when part-timers stand up for themselves.

rod

Retired 22 years
I go out with less then 80 stops since I been back and this whole 9.5 thing. I got no bulk or business stops so there's really no reason why most things can't be on a shelf
I thought you guys had it bad now days. Have I told you lately how tough we had it? Empty space?= fill it up with someone elses bulk that wouldn't fit in their truck.