Preloaders: “Swoletards” vs Everyone Else

PT Car Washer

That typically goes in one ear and out of the other. The larger packages take up too much room on the shelves.

Yet, you need diagrams and verbal guidance, to accomplish what should be common sense.

No.
Would that be considered custom loading? I agree about a little bit of common sense and doing the job right. Our preload manager will not allow it. Work as directed.

Overpaid Union Thug

Would that be considered custom loading? I agree about a little bit of common sense and doing the job right. Our preload manager will not allow it. Work as directed.

Dispatchers are capable of moving bulk stops to certain areas of the truck. But they don’t always catch them. And for some reason the daily bulk stops that are usually assigned to a specific section seem to randomly get kicked out. The preloader should be able to be the last line of defense. If a preload supervisor has a problem with that then they really shouldn’t dare talk about safety. We have some preloaders that are awesome at catching these messes and making good decisions as to where to put them. If their drivers haven’t already talked to them about them already.

PT Car Washer

Dispatchers are capable of moving bulk stops to certain areas of the truck. But they don’t always catch them. And for some reason the daily bulk stops that are usually assigned to a specific section seem to randomly get kicked out. The preloader should be able to be the last line of defense. If a preload supervisor has a problem with that then they really shouldn’t dare talk about safety. We have some preloaders that are awesome at catching these messes and making good decisions as to where to put them. If their drivers haven’t already talked to them about them already.
For a $10/hr PT job with no benefits, why should they care?

Mycow

How do I get one of those swoletards. Most days after pcm I go into my truck and pick everything possible of my ground, most days I leave center with 2 or less boxes on the ground.

Overpaid Union Thug

How do I get one of those swoletards. Most days after pcm I go into my truck and pick everything possible of my ground, most days I leave center with 2 or less boxes on the ground.
I usually drop a couple of the giant boxes from the shelves down to the floor somewhere to instantly open up lots of space. Then use the boxes that are stacked to the sealing to fill that space. I’ve shown more than a few loaders that it really doesn’t take allot of effort to free up allot of space. I mean why struggle to make the smaller/ average boxes fit on the shelf if there’s room for the bigger/heavier on the floor? My preloader/helper last peak tried it and said it helped him allot.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
People keep talking about open space in their package cars after preload. I understand the individual words, but when they are arranged that way, I have no clue what they mean.

Mycow

I usually drop a couple of the giant boxes from the shelves down to the floor somewhere to instantly open up lots of space. Then use the boxes that are stacked to the sealing to fill that space. I’ve shown more than a few loaders that it really doesn’t take allot of effort to free up allot of space. I mean why struggle to make the smaller/ average boxes fit on the shelf if there’s room for the bigger/heavier on the floor? My preloader/helper last peak tried it and said it helped him allot.

I go out with less then 80 stops since I been back and this whole 9.5 thing. I got no bulk or business stops so there's really no reason why most things can't be on a shelf

Overpaid Union Thug

People keep talking about open space in their package cars after preload. I understand the individual words, but when they are arranged that way, I have no clue what they mean.
Some do. Some don’t. Some of the latter could if certain packages/stops were just loaded wisely. But sometimes it just doesn’t matter because the crap just doesn’t seem to fit no matter what.

I go out with less then 80 stops since I been back and this whole 9.5 thing. I got no bulk or business stops so there's really no reason why most things can't be on a shelf

I get quite a bit more but it’s mostly resi in a p1000. The 9.5 list is awesome. The furniture and a few other items I’ve already mentioned make or break the route. In the absence of those items my truck should usually have plenty of space to spare.

UPSER1987

Just to rant a bit about a certain type of preloaders we’ve been getting a lot of in my center. I call them “Swoletards”. They are, obviously, swole individuals that seem to be avid weightlifters.

Despite their physical fitness level they are rarely good preloaders. Sure, some eventually learn to make their loads look nice and neat. But the devil is in the details. These guys will literally put the largest and heaviest boxes on the shelves and then can’t figure out why they run out of room so fast.

The end result is typically bulk stops of dog food, Rogue Fitness, Ensure, copying paper, individual over 70s, and those giant Walmart boxes that only takes two of to wipe out an entire section, all on the shelves. The average sized boxes are stacked under the furniture they couldn’t fit on the shelves. And throw in a Rogue Fitness Echo Bike up front blocking the bulk head door as a cherry on top. And nothing in RDR or RDL.

I’ve had better luck with scrawny, average, and obese loaders loading my trucks than the typical swole loader. Most end up being Swoletards. Even after they are shown exactly what to do and not to do. I don’t what else can be done to get through to these guys. Maybe the best course of action is to encourage them to put in their letters for management.

You sound just like your name. Typical whiner driver. Mommy forget to give you lunch money?
You’re always talking about dog food. Bid on another route if you don’t like delivering it - geez what a mamas boy.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Just to rant a bit about a certain type of preloaders we’ve been getting a lot of in my center. I call them “Swoletards”. They are, obviously, swole individuals that seem to be avid weightlifters.

Despite their physical fitness level they are rarely good preloaders. Sure, some eventually learn to make their loads look nice and neat. But the devil is in the details. These guys will literally put the largest and heaviest boxes on the shelves and then can’t figure out why they run out of room so fast.

The end result is typically bulk stops of dog food, Rogue Fitness, Ensure, copying paper, individual over 70s, and those giant Walmart boxes that only takes two of to wipe out an entire section, all on the shelves. The average sized boxes are stacked under the furniture they couldn’t fit on the shelves. And throw in a Rogue Fitness Echo Bike up front blocking the bulk head door as a cherry on top. And nothing in RDR or RDL.

I’ve had better luck with scrawny, average, and obese loaders loading my trucks than the typical swole loader. Most end up being Swoletards. Even after they are shown exactly what to do and not to do. I don’t what else can be done to get through to these guys. Maybe the best course of action is to encourage them to put in their letters for management.