President Obama cracks jokes and SLAYS FOX NEWS at dinner!

oldngray

nowhere special
Those bills were about creating real jobs. Not bogus jobs created by government paid for by taxpayer dollars. But of course a liberal can't understand how jobs to strengthen the economy are created. You only believe in a government that spends other people's money without regard to where that money comes from.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Those bills were about creating real jobs. Not bogus jobs created by government paid for by taxpayer dollars. But of course a liberal can't understand how jobs to strengthen the economy are created. You only believe in a government that spends other people's money without regard to where that money comes from.

Two points. First, its clear you didnt read any of the bills you posted on your link. If you did, you would see there are NO JOBS bills included in there.

Secondly, As a tax paying american, I would rather see billions of dollars spent on USA SOIL for whatever for the american public, rather than seeing TRILLIONS spent in deserts fighting wars for no reason.

YOU unfortunately, dont seem to be able to grasp the concept.

TOS.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
No, they weren't about creating new jobs. They were about paying off their masters.

av8torntn

House Republicans Blatantly Lie To America By Claiming They’ve Passed Dozens of Jobs Bills

Fair use excerpt:
The thing is, there are no jobs bills waiting for approval by the Senate. The new tactic by House Republicans is to call every single bill that they pass a ‘jobs bill.’ An anti-abortion bill? Yep, jobs bill. Approval of the Keystone XL pipeline that will put billions of dollars in the pockets of the Koch brothers? Yep, jobs bill. Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) has actually put together a list of bills that have passed the House that he feels are ‘jobs bills.’ There is just one little problem. They aren’t going to create any new jobs!

In Boehner’s mind, repealing Obamacare, slashing regulations, gutting social programs and eliminating federal agencies is somehow going to create more jobs. One bill that Stutzman pointed to in his address, the SKILLS Act, is something the Boehner and Republicans have hyped up as important to job creation. However, the likelihood is that it would actually create a net negative in jobs. While the GOP can tout it as important to helping people train for new jobs, what it really does is eliminates many existing federal programs, putting government employees out of work.

That propaganda has been debunked.

Overpaid Union Thug

There shouldn't be a "jobs bill" coming from either party. It's not the government's jobs to add jobs to the private sector. But that goes right over the heads of most people (on both sides) these days. Either way.....tax breaks for the rich is irrelevant. Why liberals can't get that through their thick skulls is beyond me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There shouldn't be a "jobs bill" coming from either party. It's not the government's jobs to add jobs to the private sector. But that goes right over the heads of most people (on both sides) these days. Either way.....tax breaks for the rich is irrelevant. Why liberals can't get that through their thick skulls is beyond me.

It is the government's job to streamline the process by removing any barriers to job creation.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

It ISNT the governments job to sign trade deals with foreign countries that ends up OUTSOURCING american jobs either.

TAX BREAKS is relevant. WHY cant you get it through YOUR thick skull. TAX BREAKS for the rich increases the deficit.

You are so brainwashed by the B.S. you listen to everyday you cant decipher fact from fiction.

Protecting a TAX BREAK for a luxury box at a sporting event doesnt CREATE a single job.

It merely rewards the ultra rich for nothing, and sheeple like you pay for it with your higher taxes.

How is it, that Mitt Romney can earn billions of dollars and yet pay LESS THAN 14% in taxes, and you, the middle class worker have to pay a little more than 30%?

How do you reconcile that? He gets to keep a larger percentage of his money and YOU get to keep a smaller percentage in order to pay the deficit created by his savings..

Talk about clueless.

TOS.

beentheredonethat

So if I want to run an oil 'recycling' facility, I'm free to dump that oil in the river , then urinate on it?

That's what the Repubs are asking for.
That's ridiculous. No politician is asking for this. If you actually believe this, i feel sorry for you. Most likely, you know it's not true, but believe the old adage, tell a lie long enough and people will believe you. Show me from one reputable source where a republican is quoted as saying that. To be clear, I'm not talking about a source from a far left web site where a democrat said that's what republican's want.

Let's look at UPS history and that's a good description of the government getting in the way. It took years and years and years for us to get approval to just offer service in each of the United States. For a while we couldn't offer intrastate service in TX. We could pick up from TX customers and deliver to their customers in other states, and we could pick up from a non TX shipper to a TX receiver. However, we weren't allowed to pickup in TX to deliver in TX. That's just one of many issues UPS faced. The reasoning is quite simple, politicians put in laws to help their "friends" who wanted to stop competition within TX.

Another issue is that when we built a building, we weren't allowed to have a facility in one state have the drivers deliver to another state. I know in NH we used to have a facility in Lebanon NH and about 10 minutes from there we had another UPS facility in VT (White river jct). In Keene NH we have a building and about 20 minutes away in Brattleboro VT we have another UPS facility. There are other examples in various parts of the country. Only relatively recently (the last 30 years or so) were those rules by the various governments removed. Now, FDX Ground has often taken advantage of the rule changes so they can build an ideally geographically suited facility that services multiple states. As I said, we can do it now, but once we build a facility we don't usually close it down unless there is a real good reason for it.

wkmac

Exactly! Tip of the hat to you.