President Trump

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Is that system one where all the basics are universal with people having an option for additional coverage? I've heard of systems like that but I don't really understand the specifics. What "extras" are there to cover? Dental? Eyes? Elective surgeries?
Those make sense ... have not developed my thoughts beyond what I have stated.
How about quicker appointments?
Each occurrence with a charge of say $100 going to the practice with a limit of one-hour per day for each doctor/practitioner.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
From my understanding, at one point the IRS decided health insurance was a benefit not subject to payroll taxes and it spiraled out of control from there.
Actually, it all started back in World War II when the US Central Government fixed all wages and salaries.
In order to attract top candidates, companies started offering health insurance as a compensation in addition to paid wages/salary.
As you mentioned, these new benefits were not taxed per IRS rules.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
I agree with this.
I have been a supporter of Universal Healthcare for about 20 years now. Before that, I did not.
I also believe Employers can provide Enhanced HealthCare in addition to the Universal Healthcare.
There will always be an Enhanced HealthCare option so the government might as well embrace that concept.
I’d like to see a CBO estimate of what the healthcare cost reduction would be if every shred of private (corporate) health insurance was replaced by Universal Single Payer. Remove insurance company profits and cost, and substitute gov’t admin and zero profit -- how much lower would the avg. per person cost be?

Then open the pharma door to, say, Canadian drug imports, etc. and see how much that would save. etc. etc. etc.

wkmac

So Trump "Rick Rolled" his supporters?

18342735_810346245796633_8877987990227153219_n.jpg

And yeah, I thought the meme was funny. Mostly because politicians (all of them) never keep campaign promises anyway.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
DonaldJTrump.com.

“The new website will provide a one-stop online destination to learn the facts about President Trump’s actions that are enabling new economic growth and changing the American political landscape. New official campaign merchandise is also available on the website.”

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's from August. If you expect a poll 3 months out from the election to be close you don't understand polling.
I understand polling and I understand why most of them get it wrong.
I took two probability courses in college as well as two statistical courses.
I also took a Statistical Analysis course class in post-grad.
I set-up and hired outside companies to conduct polls and focus meeting for UPS.
Not my core competency but I get the gist.

BTW ... you are the one defending a poll for something that is 18 months out.
Nuff said ... I will not kick you while you are down.

It will be fine

I understand polling and I understand why most of them get it wrong.
I took two probability courses in college as well as two statistical courses.
I also took a Statistical Analysis course class in post-grad.
I set-up and hired outside companies to conduct polls and focus meeting for UPS.
Not my core competency but I get the gist.

BTW ... you are the one defending a poll for something that is 18 months out.
Nuff said ... I will not kick you while you are down.
Approval rating is not an election poll. You incorrectly claimed the polls from the previous election were wrong. They weren't. They were well within the margin of error. You might want to go back and brush up. I'm sure it's been a while since college.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Approval rating is not an election poll. You incorrectly claimed the polls from the previous election were wrong. They weren't. They were well within the margin of error. You might want to go back and brush up. I'm sure it's been a while since college.
You're so silly.
Do you ever bother to google before you post?
I'm unsure of my memory so I google most things before I post.

It will be fine

You must have ADHD ... you can't follow a linear path in trying to argue.
This is the third different subject you have brought up in trying to make a point which I'm still not sure of.
You claimed the polls had Hillary winning by 20%. You pulled one snapshot poll 3 months out that was at 15. My point is the polls were accurate at the time of the election. You spread misinformation implying otherwise.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You claimed the polls had Hillary winning by 20%.
You pulled one snapshot poll 3 months out that was at 15.
My point is the polls were accurate at the time of the election.
You spread misinformation implying otherwise.
Like I said, I don't trust my memory.
I said it was 20% when it was actually only 15%.

I replied to "Jones" post "Poll shows Trump's approval rating at near-historic lows and contains an ominous warning about the midterm elections" which is about a poll and how the poll owner predicted mid-term election results which is 18 months out.

My counterpoint was a poll that was 5 months before the election.

Then you jumped in on that train of thought trying to counterpoint with some other BS.
I didn't jump on your train and now you are indignant.
Learn how to argue/discuss on what's being discussed and I may play with you.

I got enough problems without trying to keep up with whatever it is you are throwing out.

If you wish to join in on Jones and my discussion please feel free to do so.

wkmac

President Trump was rather upset when the media revealed that White House Dinner policy is that The President gets 2 scoops of ice cream while everyone else only gets 1. Reports are that President Trump was very angry at this information leak and now a secret video has surfaced of the President's reaction to one of his immediate aids in regards to this matter.

RIP Alan Rickman