Presidential Candidates other than Obama

over9five

Staff member
I think Obama should be worrying about his own base more than who his opponent will be. The phrase "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" comes to mind. Will these people allow themselves to be duped once again?
I foresee some jumping ship. Maybe not going to the Republican, but maybe just not voting this time.

Are you ardent Obama supporters really going to vote for him again? You have to be thinking about all those promises not kept. "Crossing the aisle to forge alliances". Gawd, how many times did he say he could do that while he was campaigning? Man, if he only could have done that I might even support him now. But nothing happens in Congress because this administration can't do that.

I can understand Obama supporters voting for him last election. He could talk the talk!
But will you fall for it again?

moreluck

golden ticket member
He has a record now.....before , there was all unknown and his voters took a chance. Even Angelina Jolie said she was disappointed in him.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Are you crediting me with having painted that painting ??????????? He still believed in God the Creator....if he felt abondoned, it was just the free will that was also gifted to him.

The Deist didnt believe that GOD and the Creator were one in the same Moreluck.

Thats why the word CREATOR was used in the consitution and not the word GOD.

Religious freaks make the two the same when in fact, they arent.

Peace.

(p.s. I dont credit you with imagination, only plagurism)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Deists believe in God and that they were created by God.....but that they were abandoned by God !!

" Deism is essentially the view that God exists, but that He is not directly involved in the world. Deism pictures God as the great “clockmaker” who created the clock, wound it up, and let it go. A deist believes that God exists and created the world, but does not interfere with His creation. Deists deny the Trinity, the inspiration of the Bible, the deity of Christ, miracles, and any supernatural act of redemption or salvation. Deism pictures God as ambivalent, uncaring, and uninvolved. Thomas Jefferson was a famous deist, referring often in his writings to “Providence.”"

(find it yourself)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Both Gingrich & Perry are committing political suicide by attacking Romney's Bain capital stuff. Perry has been dropped by a major money source (Wynn) in S.C. for it.

Deists believe in God and that they were created by God.....but that they were abandoned by God !!

" Deism is essentially the view that God exists, but that He is not directly involved in the world. Deism pictures God as the great “clockmaker” who created the clock, wound it up, and let it go. A deist believes that God exists and created the world, but does not interfere with His creation. Deists deny the Trinity, the inspiration of the Bible, the deity of Christ, miracles, and any supernatural act of redemption or salvation. Deism pictures God as ambivalent, uncaring, and uninvolved. Thomas Jefferson was a famous deist, referring often in his writings to “Providence.”"

(find it yourself)
You not likely to hear anything from him on this now. If you do it will be some kind of twist.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

(find it yourself)

YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT. Kudos for the research.. now understand that , that means that washington, as a DEIST, did not believe in christianity. In that, meaning, no moses, no water into wine, no stopping the earths rotation, no parting of the seas and all the other nonsensical stories of the bible.

As I said, to lump in george washington with some christian belief that Tim Tebow has, is not correct.

Peace

ups1990

YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT. Kudos for the research.. now understand that , that means that washington, as a DEIST, did not believe in christianity. In that, meaning, no moses, no water into wine, no stopping the earths rotation, no parting of the seas and all the other nonsensical stories of the bible.

As I said, to lump in george washington with some christian belief that Tim Tebow has, is not correct.

Peace

TOS. Believing in evolution is more silly and more incredible than creationism. We could take the most beautiful car in the world or most expensive artwork in the world and say that in a million years by putting the car parts or paint and brushes aside individually, they would never come together to make themselves. We humans are more complex than anything imaginable, just by nature we all know that it took a divine authority to make it happen.
Folks are easy to discredit Mr. Tebow, but are quick to applaud and praise idiots like Lady Gaga, who portray everything that parents would like their daughters to very much avoid. Here's a young man who has decided to give his body to his future wife and with all the sexual pervertion, STD's and out of wedlock children that tax-payers eventually support and who liberals feel that government has all the soloutins to these issues. Tebow is exacty who our young people should be listening to.

804brown

TOS. Believing in evolution is more silly and more incredible than creationism. We could take the most beautiful car in the world or most expensive artwork in the world and say that in a million years by putting the car parts or paint and brushes aside individually, they would never come together to make themselves. We humans are more complex than anything imaginable, just by nature we all know that it took a divine authority to make it happen.
Folks are easy to discredit Mr. Tebow, but are quick to applaud and praise idiots like Lady Gaga, who portray everything that parents would like their daughters to very much avoid. Here's a young man who has decided to give his body to his future wife and with all the sexual pervertion, STD's and out of wedlock children that tax-payers eventually support and who liberals feel that government has all the soloutins to these issues. Tebow is exacty who our young people should be listening to.

LOL, a deist is an atheist BD (before darwin)!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
If there's a belief in God, it can't be atheism.

n.
The belief, based solely on reason, in a God who created the universe and then abandoned it, assuming no control over life, exerting no influence on natural phenomena, and giving no supernatural revelation.

bbsam

Staff member

(find it yourself)
This being true, how does anyone call the United States a Christian country?

moreluck

golden ticket member
This being true, how does anyone call the United States a Christian country?
One nation under God and in God we trust implies to me that God didn't abandon........Christians belive in Christ being the son of God......so believe in God's care and believe in His Son too.........that's my way of looking at it.

bbsam

Staff member
One nation under God and in God we trust implies to me that God didn't abandon........Christians belive in Christ being the son of God......so believe in God's care and believe in His Son too.........that's my way of looking at it.
But the Founding Fathers rejected this view if they could not sign on to the Trinity as described by the Nicene Creed which insists upon the deity of Christ.

moreluck

golden ticket member
God, the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.....that's my belief. One God, 3 persons in God. No explanations or acceptances needed (for me). IMO, JMO or whatever acronym fits.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Moreluck,

NO WHERE in our constitution does it READ "one nation under god". NO PLACE.

The use of the term didnt appear anywhere in the United States until Dwight Eisenhower was president and the republican congress at the time MODIFIED the flag ACT and ADDED the term "one nation under god" into the pledge of allegiance.

Now, I dont know if you realize that Eisenhower ( a jehovas witness) wasnt a founding father, but the term was STRICKLY a political one at the time and has nothing to do with our consitution.

Just an FYI.

Peace