Pretty clear at this point UPS is going to let this strike happen

Trucker Clock

What are the chances that SOB and UPS have already inked a TA behind the scenes?
These next 2 weeks afford SOB time to puff his feathers and make it seem as if he's taking on UPS while also bolstering the IBT's position with respect to FedEx and Amazon who we know SOB wants in on.

Once a deal is revealed at the 11th hour, SOB will look like the big man who took on the Big Brown while potentially levelling the playing field for UPS with respect to their competition.

If FedEx and Amazon fully unionize would that not benefit UPS in terms of operational costs since all 3 will be more comparable?

UPS stock has been stuck at about $184 a share for the past week. The shareholders know something we don't, and at the end of the day, the PT'ers and low seniority drivers will be the ones to pay for it. I hope I'm wrong but the unity in our building is not that strong. Our 3 mechanics have already said that they'll be working during a walkout and half the PT'ers don't even know what the Teamster are.

It’s kind of funny that SOB has publicly said that UPS just has to pick up the phone. UPS has publicly said they asked the Teamsters to come back to the table.

What gives? Why aren’t they talking?

The Range

In too deep
It’s kind of funny that SOB has publicly said that UPS just has to pick up the phone. UPS has publicly said they asked the Teamsters to come back to the table.

Place a small paper bag over your mouth. Take 8 to 10 normal breaths. Remove the bag. Repeat as needed.

HarryWarden

Ups has given their maximum offer, Teamsters have given their minimum, and there’s a big gap in between the 2. Now they’re playing chicken

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
What are the chances that SOB and UPS have already inked a TA behind the scenes?
These next 2 weeks afford SOB time to puff his feathers and make it seem as if he's taking on UPS while also bolstering the IBT's position with respect to FedEx and Amazon who we know SOB wants in on.

Once a deal is revealed at the 11th hour, SOB will look like the big man who took on the Big Brown while potentially levelling the playing field for UPS with respect to their competition.

If FedEx and Amazon fully unionize would that not benefit UPS in terms of operational costs since all 3 will be more comparable?

UPS stock has been stuck at about $184 a share for the past week. The shareholders know something we don't, and at the end of the day, the PT'ers and low seniority drivers will be the ones to pay for it. I hope I'm wrong but the unity in our building is not that strong. Our 3 mechanics have already said that they'll be working during a walkout and half the PT'ers don't even know what the Teamster are.

We had a mechanic go in during the “97”, the Teamsters called his business agent from another Union and from what I heard he physically dragged him out of the building..urban legend, who knows, but it came from a reliable source…

Arizax2

Honestly don't think the auto mechanics, porters or customer counter folks in my building will strike. They are much older and are generally low key. They don't have mangment around them enough to be upset with them for anything. The inside works will be out there heavy and my guess a decent portion of the drivers as well but those 3 jobs I noted I don't think so. If they do I can't imagine them not crossing the line after a couple of days.

Arizax2

Ups has given their maximum offer, Teamsters have given their minimum, and there’s a big gap in between the 2. Now they’re playing chicken
A private convo between SOB and Tome is going to have to happen behind closed doors. Both sides are going to have to find a way to save face before brokaging a deal and sharing it to the public. SOB needs to have something to show for inside workers so he can go back to the Amazon folks. Tome is in a tough spot because SOB wining will just weaken Amazon but UPS not given in with inside pay leads me to belive will affect plans she may have for the company. Interesting times we are in.