Pretty clear at this point UPS is going to let this strike happen

Ptrunner

Our hub had insane peak volume last night. We were told ups is pushing volume bc of anticipated strike. So either they’re telling shippers get what you can put now or they’re moving hubs from one to another we had a ton of Toledo long boxes extra.

RTS313

Our hub had insane peak volume last night. We were told ups is pushing volume bc of anticipated strike. So either they’re telling shippers get what you can put now or they’re moving hubs from one to another we had a ton of Toledo long boxes extra.
Same here. They pushing hard and getting areas ready to store equipment

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thanks for the link. Peters comments around the 8 minute mark comparing it to war is exactly how I’ve been feeling and trying to wonder what UPS strategy is in letting this go to strike. I really hope they come back to the table and make the deal
Do you think all your worrying and fretting is going to make any difference
I swear you’re like and old woman

Larry Martin

Hope I’m wrong but I don’t think so. Losing business every day to competitors, if they weren’t willing to let it happen they would’ve came back to the table. IMO O’Brien overplayed his hand. I feel bad for anyone with less than 5 years company time. See everyone out on the picket line.
Been w/UPS since 1995. I witnessed the 1997 strike. After two weeks UPS caved or capitulated.

The problem now is that we have an absolute idiot of a CEO (Carole Tome) who has never touched a pkg. She is not a true UPSer. She is the first CEO of UPS that never actually worked at UPS.

She’s unrealistic. She immediately after taking over got rid of UPS’ own H/R & Payroll which has resulted in numerous problems still to this day

She also immediately started using independent big rig contractors in June of 2020 or 2021 (can’t remember) as soon as she took over.

She ended up paying in the millions in grievances to UPS Feeder Drivers. She also had to pay each big rig contractor approximately $750 a day which also resulted in million paid to them.

She got her butt “reemed” so to speak at the grievance panels.

She’s also NOT communicating AT ALL w/Sean O’Brien. She is not sitting across the table at the negotiations. O’Brien had said that she has delegated that to her staff. What a pathetic sorry excuse for a CEO. I guess she’s afraid & a coward.

I hope after the strike ths UPD Board fires her! If they do, they won’t admit to firing her but announce it as though she decided to retire again.

anonymous23456

Been w/UPS since 1995. I witnessed the 1997 strike. After two weeks UPS caved or capitulated.

The problem now is that we have an absolute idiot of a CEO (Carole Tome) who has never touched a pkg. She is not a true UPSer. She is the first CEO of UPS that never actually worked at UPS.

She’s unrealistic. She immediately after taking over got rid of UPS’ own H/R & Payroll which has resulted in numerous problems still to this day

She also immediately started using independent big rig contractors in June of 2020 or 2021 (can’t remember) as soon as she took over.

She ended up paying in the millions in grievances to UPS Feeder Drivers. She also had to pay each big rig contractor approximately $750 a day which also resulted in million paid to them.

She’s also NOT communicating AT ALL w/Sean O’Brien. She is not sitting across the table at the negotiations. O’Brien had said that she has delegated that to her staff. What a pathetic sorry excuse for a CEO. I guess she’s afraid & a coward.

I hope after the strike ths UPD Board fires her! If they do, they won’t admit to firing her but announce it as though she decided to retire again.
I didn't know some of this, but the "transformations aka re-organization" process started rolling under David Abney.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants

2 things,
1) if thats your real name change it. The Terms of service prohibit your real name. This is for your protection.
2) shes a woman in a mans world, of course she's afraid and a coward.

RUDoneYet

Like I said in another thread, maybe they want to see if all the money they spent on technology is going to pay off.
@Johney I believe you just hit the nail on the head. Billions have been spent on IT infrastructure and technology within UPS, and I believe UPS is hedging their bets with only needing warm bodies with a valid driver's license, a smart phone and a vehicle. They are banking on the technology to supplant the regular workforce. This started with the advent of Package Flow Technology shortly after the last strike, and up through and including today's ORION. Carol does not believe we need RPCDs that are making well north of $100k, especially when their total compensation package is disclosed. That includes bennies like low to no pay health care and pension payments.

Johney

@Johney I believe you just hit the nail on the head. Billions have been spent on IT infrastructure and technology within UPS, and I believe UPS is hedging their bets with only needing warm bodies with a valid driver's license, a smart phone and a vehicle. They are banking on the technology to supplant the regular workforce. This started with the advent of Package Flow Technology shortly after the last strike, and up through and including today's ORION. Carol does not believe we need RPCDs that are making well north of $100k, especially when their total compensation package is disclosed. That includes bennies like low to no pay health care and pension payments.
It’s possible, but unless they get a ton of people crossing the picket line it’ll never work. They may try I sure wouldn’t put it past them.