Problematic Cyclists: How do you deal with them?

exzackly

They probably don't know the rules. I'm an avid cyclist but I rarely go around telling anyone. I don't know what has happened but I've grown ashamed of the whole "biking in the road" movement. I've just seen to many instigators just trying to piss the car drivers off. I've even seen a few take a lane despite having bike lanes. It's really quite crazy. I think much of that attitude comes from the cycling magazines. One thing is CERTAIN, they are damaging the cause - not helping it.

I love it when they choose the busiest rode during the busiest time of day to ride. Me? You won't EVER find me in spandex dead in the road because I got his by a car. I refuse to die in tights.

moreluck

golden ticket member
They probably don't know the rules. I'm an avid cyclist but I rarely go around telling anyone. I don't know what has happened but I've grown ashamed of the whole "biking in the road" movement. I've just seen to many instigators just trying to piss the car drivers off. I've even seen a few take a lane despite having bike lanes. It's really quite crazy. I think much of that attitude comes from the cycling magazines. One thing is CERTAIN, they are damaging the cause - not helping it.

I love it when they choose the busiest rode during the busiest time of day to ride. Me? You won't EVER find me in spandex dead in the road because I got his by a car. I refuse to die in tights.
Well, at least with those tight spandex pants, there won't be any reproduction !!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
RAGBRAI is in town tonight. 25,000 riders in spandex.
Is that Iowa? My friends from here in FL did that, last year.

I don't want you people to think I don't get you on some of this, because I do. I know some of the douchiest people that are cyclists. But this is still no reason to not yield, give space, be courteous. I'm the kind of guy that is courteous to people, no matter if they reciprocate, or not. It's good for the mind.

hawktooth

Bike paths are a waste of taxpayer money. I have faith in The Lord also and when my time comes I hope it isn't because of a spandex wearing bicyclist is crashing through my windshield.

PT Car Washer

Is that Iowa? My friends from here in FL did that, last year.

I don't want you people to think I don't get you on some of this, because I do. I know some of the douchiest people that are cyclists. But this is still no reason to not yield, give space, be courteous. I'm the kind of guy that is courteous to people, no matter if they reciprocate, or not. It's good for the mind.

One big rolling party. Eat drink and ride. At the end of the day we party. Not a race, just fun.