Production bonus

Would Ups be safer without it or with it??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Wouldn't change anything without bonus. Plenty of Centers voted out bonus but you still have guys running 2 hours under, coming in early working off the clock, skipping lunch etc.

yeldarb

For non-bonus centers. Is there still discipline for padding numbers, If there is no financial benefit? We have had a several drivers terminated for stealing time by padding which gave them a bigger bonus, but not necessarily more time on the clock.

Think about the runners in your center?
What corners do they cut?
Do they falsify their time cards?
Skip lunches plus break?
Have bad customer service?
friend----uck the guys in their loop because it's all about them?
Try to pawn off their work (or the work that they think cuts their bonus)??
leave their misloads at on of your pickups without telling someone?
Have to be off at 4:30 no matter what?
Steal your work so your route he's cut?
Tell on you to help themselves ?
Leave before their startimes?

PACNW

I don't think it would make a difference in my center. The people that want to get off early do it for just that reason, to get off early. The bonus is just bonus. They would still hustle to get off early without it. Nobody I know does it for the $$$, but it is nice to have. Why give it back to the company? There is no real consistancy with it anyway, but if they are going to offer it, I won't turn it down if it shows up on my check. If I don't get any this week, who cares? I wasn't counting on it anyway.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Think about the runners in your center?
What corners do they cut?

lots of DR's, leave packages at the leasing office instead of attempting the apartments

Do they falsify their time cards?

nope

Skip lunches plus break?

yup

Have bad customer service?

i RARELY get any complaints about the runners; most of the complaints, and DFU's i get seem to have more to do with the area, rather than whatever driver is running it

friend----uck the guys in their loop because it's all about them?

pretty much yeah

Try to pawn off their work (or the work that they think cuts their bonus)??

not really

leave their misloads at on of your pickups without telling someone?

lol, dude what? i've never heard of that happening, ever, until you just mentioned it

Have to be off at 4:30 no matter what?

yup

Steal your work so your route he's cut?

probably in the bigger picture

Tell on you to help themselves ?

never seen that happen

Leave before their startimes?

nobody in my center is that stupid

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't think it would make a difference in my center. The people that want to get off early do it for just that reason, to get off early. The bonus is just bonus. They would still hustle to get off early without it. Nobody I know does it for the $$$, but it is nice to have. Why give it back to the company? There is no real consistancy with it anyway, but if they are going to offer it, I won't turn it down if it shows up on my check. If I don't get any this week, who cares? I wasn't counting on it anyway.

This sounds about right. My center is not bonus but if we were it might make a difference for a handful out of 60 guys. Me not being one of them. Just pay me for how long I work.

Att: Tears in the rain

Boy, you've been around for like two weeks give it some time. You have experienced very little I can tell by your posts give it some time grasshopper.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'm actually kinda split on it. The way I look at bonus is like finding a 20 on the ground and I didn't do anything different that day to walk over it. Now some people look at bonus as hanging out at the bank hoping that someone drops the same 20 as they put their money away, they purposely look for ways to get it. The latter are the ones compromising their safety. As someone who could care less if I find the 20 on the ground, I'd have no problem with them taking it out.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Att: Tears in the rain

Boy, you've been around for like two weeks give it some time. You have experienced very little I can tell by your posts give it some time grasshopper.

not every center is created equal

some are better like mine, some are ****ty like yours apparently

tourists24

Maybe Im missing something... Here we are not a bonus center... IE has set the standard on how long it is supposed to take to run a route by using the methods right? If you do it perfect you should be running right at scratch? If you do it faster there has to be a reason right? Somewhere the methods are being violated to get done faster. Is that safer? Just sayin

satellitedriver

First off, your poll is a Non Sequitur.

I have worked in a bonus center all my job/ career.
I have never friend'd another driver to get in early.
Before EDD,-( and the "new" time study)- I averaged 4hrs bonus a week and worked about 45hrs a week, without running or skipping lunch.
Now, I work 50 to 55hrs a week-(on average)- and make 00.50hrs bonus, without running and skipping lunch.
Safety is a personal habit.
All the changes I have seen at UPS have never effected my work ethic.
My desire to come home safe and sound always came first.
Bonus, or no bonus ,means Jack, when it comes to safety.
If your Poll was worded,
"Does a bonus center make a driver act unsafely?", my answer would be
No.
I am proud of the fact that I am a "Circle of Honor" 25yr safe driver and being in a bonus center had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Last edited: