proposal for transfers

LKLND3380

The p/t lauguage may not be good but there is some, we friend/t have no way to move at this time thats why we sent up this proposel, maybe next time the union asks for contract proposels you should propose a change thats how we get change we get involved. So my anwser to this post about what about part timers is what did you propose to your local union to change things.

I went to my local president and he said this has never been an issue in the past as most p/t don't transfer but sees how this could be an issue...

I figure since this is a proposal for friend/t maybe include p/t as well in the language...

doug

I went to my local president and he said this has never been an issue in the past as most p/t don't transfer but sees how this could be an issue...

I figure since this is a proposal for friend/t maybe include p/t as well in the language...
Maybe we should have to be honest I did not think of it, here in our local most p/t dont get involved so we dont know what issues they have. I agree it should be offered to all. If we get it in this time , the next contract would be easy to propose it for p/t .

shorttimer

I talked to union business agent here 988 out of Houston Texas.He said the union here does't want anything to do with transfers.I would like to transfer and i know there are more out there that would so i guess he is a little out of touch!!

homer123

I talked to union business agent here 988 out of Houston Texas.He said the union here does't want anything to do with transfers.I would like to transfer and i know there are more out there that would so i guess he is a little out of touch!!
I know I'm talking about another company (well, actually the government) but a good friend works for the USPS. They are able to transfer at their expense but rather than waiting for an opening, they can trade positions with another employee of comparable seniority. He wanted out of Colorado and was able to trade w/ someone in Arizona. I guess my concern would be for part-timers waiting (some for years) to get into a FT position.

LKLND3380

Maybe we should have to be honest I did not think of it, here in our local most p/t dont get involved so we dont know what issues they have. I agree it should be offered to all. If we get it in this time , the next contract would be easy to propose it for p/t .

Maybe all the P/T could reject the new contract and refuse to sign? I think that would send a wake up to UPS and the Teamsters...

It would be great if 75% of all friend/T and 40% of all P/T Upsers could be involved with their local. But they don't care... They only care when they bitch about this or that and even then they bitch to each other... They don't go to their steward or to their BA or Local President...

The transfer sheet went up Oct. 1 for the Western Confrence. Wonder what building I should sign up for this year? I want to be a cover driver again. Doing only 10 routes in 2 years isn't enough. I was thinking Vegas or Denver, any sugestions?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Doing only 10 routes in 2 years isn't enough. I was thinking Vegas or Denver, any sugestions?

I hope you're joking about the number of routes, '89, let alone about transferring. Denver's nice at this time of year. Mind if I ask why you'd want to leave Montana? And WHY do you transfer so much??? -Rocky

I hope you're joking about the number of routes, '89, let alone about transferring. Denver's nice at this time of year. Mind if I ask why you'd want to leave Montana? And WHY do you transfer so much??? -Rocky

No, I'm not kidding. I've been here 20 months now, I enjoy change. I've worked at ups 18 years now and have always moved around. I've only transferred once. But I've worked in 6 centers in 3 different buildings. My wife wants me to sign up to go back home but I want a new challenge. Didn't you say Denver had 8 centers?

Braveheart

I was told by our local that we did not get the transfer language into the contract. I have a friend who had to move to another state after like 14 years with UPS. UPS said no. He found out that they are in bad need of 2 full time drivers in the very building he wanted to work at. Here is where it gets real bad. Due to the Hoffa buy out of CS we think they did not even hire him off the street due to increased costs associated with the CS buyout. So they can't even hire a 14 year veteran for $14.70 an hour instead of $28 transfer due to whole buyout BS. He got screwed big time.

Last edited:

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
My wife wants me to sign up to go back home but I want a new challenge. Didn't you say Denver had 8 centers?

Ahhh, OK. That makes sense. I'm unmarried but my non-UPS profession is such I could go just about anywhere I wanted/needed if/when I do get married.

And yeah, Denver's primary hub has 8 centers. If you're looking at UPSjobs.com, the building I'm talking about is called Commerce City. The centers are Broomfield, Arvada, Commerce, Glendale, Lakewood, Golden, Downtown and the Denver Tech Center. Not certain about the last one but the others I am certain about. My last day is Thursday. If you're looking for information about Commerce City, there are a few posters here from that hub. One of them works our Preload. Also keep in mind that we have a building--not sure I'd call it a hub--in Englewood, CO. That was built about 8 years ago, I think. I don't know how many centers it has.

I, too, enjoy change but I need to be in charge of whatever it is that's affecting me. Otherwise, I go bat:censored2:. -Rocky

homer123

Maybe all the P/T could reject the new contract and refuse to sign? I think that would send a wake up to UPS and the Teamsters...

It would be great if 75% of all friend/T and 40% of all P/T Upsers could be involved with their local. But they don't care... They only care when they bitch about this or that and even then they bitch to each other... They don't go to their steward or to their BA or Local President...
LKLND3380...I think I love you. After 29 years w/ UPS & 15 of those as a steward this is music to my ears. What's even more frustrating is that about 70% of the bitching usually comes from about 20% of the people They want to know what the union is going to do about (whatever). I'd tell them "you are the union, fill out this grievance form." They usually respond with something like "well, I don't want to make waves, They might retaliate by giving me more work or following me around to see if I screw up." If members would put half of the effort & thoughts as some I've seen in this and other threads their work environment would be much more pleasant. Please keep thinking along those lines and everyone will benefit. Maybe not overnight, but in the long run. Good night & good luck!

sawdusttv

Ahhh, OK. That makes sense. I'm unmarried but my non-UPS profession is such I could go just about anywhere I wanted/needed if/when I do get married.

And yeah, Denver's primary hub has 8 centers. If you're looking at UPSjobs.com, the building I'm talking about is called Commerce City. The centers are Broomfield, Arvada, Commerce, Glendale, Lakewood, Golden, Downtown and the Denver Tech Center. Not certain about the last one but the others I am certain about. My last day is Thursday. If you're looking for information about Commerce City, there are a few posters here from that hub. One of them works our Preload. Also keep in mind that we have a building--not sure I'd call it a hub--in Englewood, CO. That was built about 8 years ago, I think. I don't know how many centers it has.

I, too, enjoy change but I need to be in charge of whatever it is that's affecting me. Otherwise, I go bat:censored2:. -Rocky
Rock,
Take care and good luck!:) Stop by the cafe' and say hello once in a while.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Rock,
Take care and good luck!:) Stop by the cafe' and say hello once in a while.

Thanks, Sawdust. My last day is tomorrow (October 11). Its been great but that horizon is looking very inviting! I'll be OK after I leave UPS. I haven't seen your posts lately. Where'd you get to??? -Rocky

sawdusttv

Thanks, Sawdust. My last day is tomorrow (October 11). Its been great but that horizon is looking very inviting! I'll be OK after I leave UPS. I haven't seen your posts lately. Where'd you get to??? -Rocky

Rock,
I'm glad for you, and again good luck!
As far as me not posting, it's a combination of things. I had knee surgery a couple of weeks ago and have not been up to playing on the computer, and a little bit of sitting back and listening to others points of view. Some times you get a better prospective of things when you step back and observe. I have been watching the board however. Anyway, I wish you well in your future endeavours.

doug

NO TRansfers = No vote all in support of this proposal I hope does the same on the supplement Vote, the masters is a different vote. the supplement has nothing to do with the pension.

doug

I talked with many today that wanted the tranfers in our supplement that are going to vote No. Although most of us are voting yes on the masters.