Pro's & Con's of TA List them

RealPerson

2013 No Increase
2014 -.05 MINUS
2015 -.05 MINUS
2016 -.05 MINUS
2017 +.05 PLUS

So in 5 years we get a net NEGATIVE $.10 LOSS in Raises.

No Catch Up raise to Full Time?

Extend Progression to 4 years

Benefits are currently Worse for Part Timers, with the UNION Promise they will be better.
( I do understand that this will be sent out later)

Starting pay is a JOKE

COLA calculations / raises are still a joke.

-----------------------------------------------
UPS 4 Billion PROFIT in DOWN Economy.

Amazon Threatening to Leave UPS.

Seems like the UNION had them back in the corner, but they just scratched each other back.

UNION Sure did get a Nice raise per Hour Per employee per hour if I read it correctly.

UPSGUY72

2013 No Increase
2014 -.05 MINUS
2015 -.05 MINUS
2016 -.05 MINUS
2017 +.05 PLUS

So in 5 years we get a net NEGATIVE $.10 LOSS in Raises.

So $3.90 or 5 years isn't a big enough raise ??????

In five year I'll will be making at least $36.16 With benefits close to $60 hr to move card board...

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Ya'll ever hear the story of the Goose who laid Golden Eggs? The farmer got greedy and decided to cut the goose open and get ALL of the gold...............IMO this TA is a win/win for the company and the union

stink219

Pro's & Con's of TA List them

It's not $0.10 less. Your getting $3.90 more. You are saying that there is nothing good in this contract? I'm saying you haven't read everything nor your supplement. I highly endorse this TA.

UPS Preloader

From a Part Timer from the Northeast point of view:
Pro: Raises are pretty decent.
Con: The "Substantial" $1.50 raise is only for the 1st 90 days. After that it's only 50 cents as a result of them taking away the $1.00 increase after 90 days.
Con: Progression raised to 4 years. (Doesn't affect me, but it affects my brother's and sister's.)

TimeForChange

Con: The "Substantial" $1.50 raise is only for the 1st 90 days. After that it's only 50 cents as a result of them taking away the $1.00 increase after 90 days.

Only in the very strange Hoffa spin universe can a 50 cent raise be termed "substantial".

Lemme tell ya what IS substantial: Hoffa's belt size, salary, and ego.

We've all seen the part-timers trudge out past the guard shack like a bunch of whipped puppies with sweat-stained t-shirts that were far dirtier than they were when the part-timers walked in.

So the part-timers' reward for paying Union dues for the privilege of working their butts off for possibly the hardest-pushing company this side of Bangladesh, is an extra nickel extra every six minutes? Wowwwwww. That's absolutely sickening.

What I hope is "substantial" is the part-timers' rage.

Delivered

Plus..... $2100 Part-time 35 year pension starting Jan. 1, 2014.
Plus...... Part-time retiree health coverage..

Potential Negative - Healthcare reductions moving to CS plan...still evaluating attached plan..

View attachment 9081

You're missing the biggest reason to Vote NO...

Nothing within this Memorandum of Understanding shall affect the Central States Health & Welfare Trustee’s right to modify benefit levels.

Buck Fifty

Raises and Insurance are no reason to turn this agreement down. The real reason to vote NO is in the language. Where are the stiffer penalties for violating the contract and seniority and oh yeah what about the 8.5 hour day. This contract gives the company the same leverage on its hourlies as the last 5 years. So everybody poor over the language a bit before ya get enamored with the raises and insurance. I say there is plenty of time to make some changes in the language to relieve some of leverage that the company abuses. I'll vote NO like I always do.

upsrogue

This is not a win for p/t. For a little perspective in 1981 I was earning $10.81 as a part time sorter, I started driving in June of 1981. In 1980, under a horrible economy, I earned about $15000 working part time

RealPerson

When you factor in the new raises versus the previous split raises the, two contracts are very similar.

We use to have all the raises AFTER a year of working..... Lost that in the Last Contract...
So now people settle for getting things back.. Crazy.

UPS has RECORD Profits, and we are making less per year raise than the last contract.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
You're missing the biggest reason to Vote NO...

Nothing within this Memorandum of Understanding shall affect the Central States Health & Welfare Trustee’s right to modify benefit levels.
Derf, you are 100% correct. I went from leaning yes to a solid no when I saw that. I just don't want to take the chance my health care benefits will be crap for he next 5 years. And then have to negotiate something else away on the next contract to fix the health care from this contract.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Derf, you are 100% correct. I went from leaning yes to a solid no when I saw that. I just don't want to take the chance my health care benefits will be crap for he next 5 years. And then have to negotiate something else away on the next contract to fix the health care from this contract.

​Wheres the solidarity Bro ... don't you trust your Union?