Pt Air Supervisor

RolloTony Brown Town

Too much integrity noted

Honestly this happens far too often. The expectation of working off the clock is not ok. I was a pt sup for 6 years. If I was going to work over 27.5 hours in a week they would send me home early, or pay me a few extra hours. Didn’t matter to me. Once you work off the clock then it becomes the expectation.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Honestly this happens far too often. The expectation of working off the clock is not ok. I was a pt sup for 6 years. If I was going to work over 27.5 hours in a week they would send me home early, or pay me a few extra hours. Didn’t matter to me. Once you work off the clock then it becomes the expectation.
You would think after one day you would have realized the mistake you made. Good job on making it six years. I guess. Lol.

RolloTony Brown Town

You would think after one day you would have realized the mistake you made. Good job on making it six years. I guess. Lol.

It wasn’t a mistake. I wasn’t bragging about being a pt supervisor from 08-14. Just stating the OP should stand up for himself.

There are bad management people that take advantage of others just like there’s bad hourlies that purposefully do the wrong thing and then play dumb.

RolloTony Brown Town

They expect you to let them steal from you?

Wage theft - Wikipedia

Basically yes. They’ll tell you to come in earlier but don’t change your start time or punch out at 5.5 hours but work up to or over 6 hours. Ft supervisors will put it on the pt supervisor to “manage their time.”

It’s not the company. It’s not even managers necessarily. They’re individuals that lack integrity that are too lazy to find the right solution.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Basically yes. They’ll tell you to come in earlier but don’t change your start time or punch out at 5.5 hours but work up to or over 6 hours. Ft supervisors will put it on the pt supervisor to “manage their time.”

It’s not the company. It’s not even managers necessarily. They’re individuals that lack integrity that are too lazy to find the right solution.

And scared of the arse chewing they know is coming on tomorrow’s conference call

RolloTony Brown Town

And scared of the arse chewing they know is coming on tomorrow’s conference call

Do you care if you get pulled in the office? I’m assuming you don’t.

Conference call is the same thing. No one is getting fired for letting a pt sup work 30 hours instead of 27.5. You could get fired for trying to make them work off the clock though.

Prioritize lol

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
That is not specific to UPS. The expectation is that as a "management" partner you live at UPS, everything else is secondary. During past peaks, I have seen management basically live at UPS...lol

I know, wage theft far exceeds all other kinds of theft combined. Something like $40 billion annually in the US. The people responsible should face criminal charges instead of hiding behind the corporate facade.

take your time

I know some supervisors that come in early to write seals, do presort checklist etc. I'm older than most of the supes I work with and I have to assume that they don't know labor laws, or something. Ill have to speak to my full time management about it.

bud, you voluntarily chose to be a puppet. you weren't forced into this position, I assume? And you certainly didn't have a gun pointed to your head when you signed your life away either, right?

you chose this path....now you just have to bend over and tell the higher management...."just be gentle".

ups supervisor.jpg

RolloTony Brown Town

However, if you’re feeling particularly bold, you could look “Daddy” right in his cold, dead eyes and ask if your 5.5 hours on the clock begin when your WORK DUTIES of walking air cans, etc do. Might get you an answer and/or at least get him thinking about what could happen if he’s caught not paying you.

OP:

Choose to be bold.

All timecard edits in ptrs are recorded with a name attached to it.

Report when you’re told to report and make sure you’re scheduled start (which you can adjust yourself) reflects when you start. When you are about to hit 5.5 hours ask if you should stay until your area is wrapped or leave.

Print your timecards you enter each day. And if your supervisor is playing games with your ptrs timecard then take it to HR.