PT ODC sup or Restaurant manager

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I was hired to be a pt ODC sup off the street, but received an offer to be a restaurant manager a day later. The odc pays $16 at 27.5 hrs per week. The restaurant job pays base salary of $48k and I'll work 5 ten hour shifts. I've been a restaurant manager for years and I'm trying to find a different career, but will the opportunity be worth it if I have to be pt for at least a year? I have a college degree already, looking to advance in a career company.

What would you do?
Before going Brown I was a chef for ten years. Absolutely hated it towards the end. No OT pay, no benefits, 1 week of vacation, work weekends, holidays. Now I love life again. Only 6 months away from being top rate. I haven't missed the restaurant biz one bit. That's my story. I'm sure yours is different. Just some insight

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Before going Brown I was a chef for ten years. Absolutely hated it towards the end. No OT pay, no benefits, 1 week of vacation, work weekends, holidays. Now I love life again. Only 6 months away from being top rate. I haven't missed the restaurant biz one bit. That's my story. I'm sure yours is different. Just some insight
Didn't know what I was thinking.