PT Sup question

13Dart

Hello, we have a part time hourly that has been driving 7 years and makes top rate. He has been contemplating going back to school and was informed that getting into management would be very beneficial for help on the college. He passed the test and accepted the position but from my understanding, family matters came up and he had only started preload Sup for like 3 days and was wanting to go back to PT driving because he wouldn't be able to afford his newly arised family issues . He isn't going back to school either because of it. It sounds like he is going to go back like he never left. Is there a trial or grace period for something like that? It doesn't affect me and I hope it works for him, he's a good guy but I was just surprised it sounded like they are going to act like he never took the PT Sup job and went right back to driving. What are you guys thoughts on that? Is there a grace period?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hello, we have a part time hourly that has been driving 7 years and makes top rate. He has been contemplating going back to school and was informed that getting into management would be very beneficial for help on the college. He passed the test and accepted the position but from my understanding, family matters came up and he had only started preload Sup for like 3 days and was wanting to go back to PT driving because he wouldn't be able to afford his newly arised family issues . He isn't going back to school either because of it. It sounds like he is going to go back like he never left. Is there a trial or grace period for something like that? It doesn't affect me and I hope it works for him, he's a good guy but I was just surprised it sounded like they are going to act like he never took the PT Sup job and went right back to driving. What are you guys thoughts on that? Is there a grace period?
so he took a pay cut to go into part time supervision

13Dart

so he took a pay cut to go into part time supervision
I would assume so. He was planning on going back go school but he can't financially now due to unseen home issues. So now he is giving up school and wants to just stay driving to support his family. I was just confused because he started this week and after 3 days wants to go back. I understand why but UPS didn't put up a fight. Just acted as if he never left PT driving and now they are looking for another PT Sup. I was just under the impression that you have up all your seniority as soon as you left but I guess there is a 30 day trial period. I just wanted to verify from you guys because I was never aware of that.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
proxy-4.gif

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I would assume so. He was planning on going back go school but he can't financially now due to unseen home issues. So now he is giving up school and wants to just stay driving to support his family. I was just confused because he started this week and after 3 days wants to go back. I understand why but UPS didn't put up a fight. Just acted as if he never left PT driving and now they are looking for another PT Sup. I was just under the impression that you have up all your seniority as soon as you left but I guess there is a 30 day trial period. I just wanted to verify from you guys because I was never aware of that.
call the union

13Dart

Hey thank you for the response. Just outta curiosity, how did you know about the 30 day trial period and where could I find it? I'm kinda new to UPS but before I had posted that thread, I was searching and couldn't find anything except that a PT Sup can never go back to PT Hourly. I'm guessing that is in regards to someone that has been doing it for a while, not someone that just started...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey thank you for the response. Just outta curiosity, how did you know about the 30 day trial period and where could I find it? I'm kinda new to UPS but before I had posted that thread, I was searching and couldn't find anything except that a PT Sup can never go back to PT Hourly. I'm guessing that is in regards to someone that has been doing it for a while, not someone that just started...

Lemme help ya out

He pulled it out of his ass