PT Supervisor Payscale - historically

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Sorry, must have gotten cut off. I am a guardsman for the Air National Guard. I was curious if anyone knew if the 27.5 hours guarantee was only if you show up every day that week or if I would be supposed still to get it on weeks that I have to take a day off for drill
No, you don't. You get your 5.5 guarantee a day, if you only work 4 days you get 22 hours of pay for that week. You'll get a 26 on the drill days.

PT Car Washer

No, you don't. You get your 5.5 guarantee a day, if you only work 4 days you get 22 hours of pay for that week. You'll get a 26 on the drill days.
Some employers will make up the difference of lost pay when an employee has Drill or military schools or deployments. Not surprised UPS doesn't. HR told me when I was deployed that I would not have a job if I came back. Well I did come back and shortly later HR in my building was down sized out of existence.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Some employers will make up the difference of lost pay when an employee has Drill or military schools or deployments. Not surprised UPS doesn't. HR told me when I was deployed that I would not have a job if I came back. Well I did come back and shortly later HR in my building was down sized out of existence.
UPS HR is disgracefully bad.

dudebro

Generally, I would say their focus has changed. They've always hired, but otherwise, it seems they've changed from an employee focused department to a company focused one. Even when they shake your hand with a velvet glove these days, you feel the iron fist inside...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Generally, I would say their focus has changed. They've always hired, but otherwise, it seems they've changed from an employee focused department to a company focused one. Even when they shake your hand with a velvet glove these days, you feel the iron fist inside...

I agree that their focus has changed. They have shifted much of the burden of completing paperwork on to the employee through the self service page on upsers.

25TOLIFE

Was a p/t supervisor from 1990 to 1994. Right before I went driving I was making $1900 a month. Couldn't really call it part time though. Minimum of 7 hours a day.

Steamtrain

Some of you that are FT sups or managers, I'd love to have an answer and not sarcastic UPS management answer:

I need a raise. If UPS, and my managers, want me to do what they've told me they want me to do, then I need a raise to help bridge the gap until I get there. I've said something before but it always gets glossed over or lost in the BS. If I take a second job, then I won't be able to get the degree that they want me to get, nor take the position they want me to take next May. But I also won't be able to keep living with my current level of compensation. I'm behind on bills and my car is being held together by wishes and hope (okay, it's actually copper bailing wire, but point still stands - it isn't safe to drive and it's a matter of days until it falls apart). My only other option is quitting UPS and taking out student loans. I don't like that option very much, but I won't go through this next year living the way I've been having to live. I shouldn't ever have to go to the store and buy two loaves of bread + PB and J so that I can eat all week. I work well over 27.5 (they aren't ignorant, they know - they see me come in at 2am and leave at 930 or 10) but I make less than 24k/year.

Something has to give, and it can't keep being my stomach, my car, or my quality of life. Because there is no more quality to be sacrificed.

What are the odds that upper management will stump up and give me a deserving raise? What are the odds that my affiliation with UPS ends by the end of August?

Why would you quit to get student loans. UPS pays for your school as part time management. If you're good at your job, you will probably get a raise fairly easily. The sarcastic answers you read here are almost never from management. They are from people pretending to be management, or bitter people who love to put others down. To answer your question, approach your full time supervisor and manager. Approach them with results and accomplishments, if you have none on paper then next is the school route. Tell them you are hungry to finish your school but you can't do it with your current payrate. That you believe that you will be able to better contribute to the company if you better educate your self. Take that route, stand out and you will get a raise. Don't give up and don't give into the bitterness of some people!