Public Education

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So if the kids are flunking, how does eliminating the evaluation of their subject command help them master the material?
Evaluate what they did wrong and allow them to correct it.

If your kid strikes out do you try to help them learn how not to or do you tell them they failed and suck at it?

rickyb

People who are ignorant don't know and are in need of an education. People who are stupid, as you put it, can't comprehend. An education might be wasted on them. Which category are you, ignorant or stupid?
im not a passive consumer of information

are you?

rickyb

So if the kids are flunking, how does eliminating the evaluation of their subject command help them master the material?
finland has hte best education in the world apparently.

maybe we should invade them and steal their educational resources

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Evaluate what they did wrong and allow them to correct it.

If your kid strikes out do you try to help them learn how not to or do you tell them they failed and suck at it?
You try, try, and try again. Ignoring the failure is what they are doing here. Why are they failing?

Is every student from the same background failing, or are some doing well? I bet some are. Usually parents are the difference.

Brownslave688

You try, try, and try again. Ignoring the failure is what they are doing here. Why are they failing?

Is every student from the same background failing, or are some doing well? I bet some are. Usually parents are the difference.
They’re literally teaching them to try again. That’s the whole point of this type of teaching.

You really seem to be missing the entire point of school and getting an education.

rickyb

i did physics when i was in high school and i failed partly because it requires alot of practice and i didnt have videos showing me how to do it back then. plus the teacher was mediocre and the book wasnt good enough.

when i was an adult, they used to charge me a few hundred for taking high school courses. this disincentivized me from doing school because after they got rid of the fees i am more likely to keep trying.

Wally

They’re literally teaching them to try again. That’s the whole point of this type of teaching.

You really seem to be missing the entire point of school and getting an education.
These kids are failing. Why?

Fix that and the letter grade improves.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

Do they worry sbout self

These kids are failing on their FIRST ATTEMPT

Im sure you never failed at anything the first time you tried it

Like I said you clearly are missing the entire point of an education.

rickyb

Do they worry sbout self

if your poor and you have to pay to tuition let alone other costs associated with going to school, its going to disincentivize you from going to school in the first place.

just like america pays its citizens to shoot at people around the world, some countries pay their citizens to go to school

Brownslave688

Even those kids can pass.

Nope, something else is going on. My money is on parental units either MIA or disinterested in education.
Yes they can when given more time and chances to learn.

When the parents aren’t involved yeah it may be harder for a kid to learn or take longer. That’s precisely why these teachers are giving kids second and third chances to learn the material.

You’re literally just sticking your head in the sand and saying there’s no other way than the way I know. So blame someone for why that’s not working.

Literally all they’re trying to do is teach the kids. The sole purpose of the education system.

Wally

Yes they can when given more time and chances to learn.

When the parents aren’t involved yeah it may be harder for a kid to learn or take longer. That’s precisely why these teachers are giving kids second and third chances to learn the material.

You’re literally just sticking your head in the sand and saying there’s no other way than the way I know. So blame someone for why that’s not working.

Literally all they’re trying to do is teach the kids. The sole purpose of the education system.
It wound be interesting to see how these kids do in another school setting.

Brownslave688

They're giving them participation trophies and passing them on to the next grade. As George W. Bush put it: "the soft bigotry of low expectations."
Some places are sure but that’s not what they’re trying to do with this approach. This approach is trying to teach them.

vantexan

Some places are sure but that’s not what they’re trying to do with this approach. This approach is trying to teach them.
Were they not trying to teach them before? What they're saying is some groups consistently get lower grades so it's not fair to that group, even racist, if they as a whole get lower grades than everyone else. Hurts their psyche. So let's not give grades to anyone. What mechanisms are they putting in place to replace grades? Will kids still have to demonstrate competency in a given subject in order to advance to the next grade level? Will holding them back if they don't be unfair and hurt them emotionally?

vantexan

if your poor and you have to pay to tuition let alone other costs associated with going to school, its going to disincentivize you from going to school in the first place.

just like america pays its citizens to shoot at people around the world, some countries pay their citizens to go to school
Interesting, which countries pay their citizens to go to school?