Pushed vacation back a week

I had a vacation scheduled for the week ending July 17. However, my wife was due around that time and ended up scheduling to get induced on the 19th. 4 weeks prior, I asked my supervisor if I could change my vacation when needed to compensate for the birth. When I found out about the induction, I told my supervisor that I would take the week ending July 24th. Now, teamcare contacted me saying there was a break in coverage between 19th to 24th because my work shows no work that week even though I was using my vacation week. What can I do as I can't really afford to pay a $9,000 hospital bill?

I had a vacation scheduled for the week ending July 17. However, my wife was due around that time and ended up scheduling to get induced on the 19th. 4 weeks prior, I asked my supervisor if I could change my vacation when needed to compensate for the birth. When I found out about the induction, I told my supervisor that I would take the week ending July 24th. Now, teamcare contacted me saying there was a break in coverage between 19th to 24th because my work shows no work that week even though I was using my vacation week. What can I do as I can't really afford to pay a $9,000 hospital bill?
Your supervisor can fix that with a key stroke He just has to put you in a scheduled off

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

I had the same thing happen to me .. rescheduled a Vacation for a medical procedure..I worked the week of my original vacation two weeks prior.

Anyway Team care sent a letter that I had to pay for medical coverage for the week that I was off and denied the claim ...apparently the OMS coded it wrong..

I called the Team care customer support and got it straightened out, but I had to burn a Vacation day for the week they had me scheduled off. The representative for Team care said it happens a lot...👹

I was not a happy camper..35,000 medical procedure...what piss me off more was that were not safeguards in place..no, they just sent a letter asking for money for CODA...you expect that from the Company.. but from a teamster sponsored organization...

Just a number I guess? 🥺 beware...

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sorry you guys had kids, but scheduling vacation around when your wife is due is stupid. You could have just filed for FMLA and not dealt with this but you guys live paycheck to paycheck apparently.

Explain to me any other reason 7 months ago you knew a kid was coming and you didn’t prep with some extra cash working weekends or whatever? Come on guys, think beyond next month.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Why in the world do we need 1 punch per week to keep insurance active? I seriously doubt ups pays insurance per week. I know in some locations, it's 1 punch per month. Should be like that everywhere. I'm definitely putting that up for a proposal in the Southern supplement. I doubt it will even be brought up in negotiations though. " We just thankful to have a job down here. If it wasn't for good ol' ups, we would starve to death".

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Wear a rubber next time - problem solved

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sorry you guys had kids, but scheduling vacation around when your wife is due is stupid. You could have just filed for FMLA and not dealt with this but you guys live paycheck to paycheck apparently.

Explain to me any other reason 7 months ago you knew a kid was coming and you didn’t prep with some extra cash working weekends or whatever? Come on guys, think beyond next month.
The wife can't handle things nowadays.

Big Rigger

If you file for FMLA as the primary care taker of your wife for those days the company will automatically move your vacations to cover the time you take off except for the last week which is then your choice to retain it or use it to cover the last week off.

Your healthcare is covered by the FMLA leave.

End of story.
Why in the world do we need 1 punch per week to keep insurance active? I seriously doubt ups pays insurance per week. I know in some locations, it's 1 punch per month. Should be like that everywhere. I'm definitely putting that up for a proposal in the Southern supplement. I doubt it will even be brought up in negotiations though. " We just thankful to have a job down here. If it wasn't for good ol' ups, we would starve to death".
The one punch per week was a surprise that the teamster leadership dropped on us in 2013. Never heard a word about it until after ratification. That hacked a lot of people off and if you didn't know about the change and swapped a vacation week with another employee some found out the hard way.

Others on here in support of the ibt ridiculed upsers saying we were spoiled.
Wonder why people don't trust the ibt leadership who allowed two whole regions to vote on other region's healthcare but weren't subject to it themselves.

If you file for FMLA as the primary care taker of your wife for those days the company will automatically move your vacations to cover the time you take off except for the last week which is then your choice to retain it or use it to cover the last week off.

End of story.
The one punch per week was a surprise that the teamster leadership dropped on us in 2013. Never heard a word about it until after ratification. That hacked a lot of people off and if you didn't know about the change and swapped a vacation week with another employee some found out the hard way.

Wonder why people don't trust the ibt leadership who allowed two whole regions to vote on other region's healthcare but weren't subject to it themselves.
They need to change up one punch rule

Big Rigger

I'm honestly not that concerned but these young guys need to quit touching themselves and vote
Get those part timers to vote and that will rock corporate's boat. Insurance from day one, Vacation time given from day one. Four hour guarantee to make it half of full time's which it should be...not that the lifers will stay four hours.

Starting rate $17/hr like I'm seeing Amazon is offering.

DELACROIX

End of story.

That “spoiled” UPS member claim is just a piss poor excuse for lousy language and concessions. Many in the higher International echelons wholeheartedly believe that we are, instead of negotiating a fair and equal contract for every member.

How about the Western conferences being allowed to vote on the Central and Southern‘s pension benefits under the Master. Is there a particular reason we have duplicate language under the Central Supplement and the Master? Just let the Central and Southern vote on their own pension benefits and continue to let the West vote for theirs under the Master.. simple enough.

Benefits under the team care plan could be improved annually. The International has no say on how they administrate their insurance purchases. The IBT only negotiates the annual increases that the companies have to provide to their members health and welfare providers.

DELACROIX

Get those part timers to vote and that will rock corporate's boat. Insurance from day one, Vacation time given from day one. Four hour guarantee to make it half of full time's which it should be...not that the lifers will stay four hours.

Starting rate $17/hr like I'm seeing Amazon is offering.

They are now paying $18.50 an hour for part timers off the street in our building. Would not surprise me that by 2023 rolls along they will be upping that to over $ 20.00.