PVD (beating a dead horse?)

542thruNthru

Driving seems to be the preferred choice. And pay. Can't beat the pay for sitting on your ass most the day. Like someone said above, ain't got time for that crap just leave it all at the mailbox. If they ask - I'm USPS.
giphy-62.gif

Jerdo

New as a PVD. Really didn't know a thing about this site and just happened across it today looking up UPS stuff. Today was day 1. Let me say... I wish I would have known about some stuff like how the union works beforehand...

Mainly 1 question as it seems sentiments have changed over time as I have been reading on here.

How do I keep in good graces with the drivers? A few, of course, look at me like a scab and I did not understand it until reading posts here. Some seem to treat you like a human. In reality I knew this was a foot in the door and a seasonal position. I know my job ends abruptly. I want to have a decent "marking" on my employment with UPS in the eventuality I may sign for a warehouse position. Rural deliveries had less than 40 stops, 70 miles. Using a small 4door sedan with the back seat gutted.

What's the best help a PVD can be to you regular employees without stepping on toes, and still make myself feel I've accomplished something for the day?
Don't take it personal. They don't appreciate PVDs, company as well. Just try to work slowest possible, so you can earn as much as possible. UPS didn't increase wages for PVDs 3 years. They don't deserve from PVDs hard honest work.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Don't take it personal. They don't appreciate PVDs, company as well. Just try to work slowest possible, so you can earn as much as possible. UPS didn't increase wages for PVDs 3 years. They don't deserve from PVDs hard honest work.

You’ll go far with that attitude
SMH

I talked with the RPCDs that deliver our routes and they don't really like to be out until dark. They want their 8 hours, that's about it. They will even take very large packages to help us out so we can delivery more packages to more stops.

It seems, as long as everyone gets their hours then things are at a stalemate per say. The amount of deliveries during peak is outrageous. On another note, yes PVDs take it slow. Start your first couple days off fast if you want so you know your limits but make sure you get your 8 hours. I'll only get 40-60 stops but drive 120+ miles a day. If you have a day with very few stops then take your time. If you have a day with 100 stops and everyone else is 100+ deep too then it might be wise to pick up the pace. Not only can you help out others that may have many more stops that day but I want to stress not driving in the dark. Once that sun goes down things get slow and dangerous. If you do not have extremely bright lights you will not see I the woods.

Pulling up into a wooded area in a car after dark in middle of the night after passing half a dozen no trespassing signs, will shoot on sight signs... getting into your car to rummage around... you get the idea. Be smart about it. You'll figure it out if you are a PVD reading this. Same goes for residential areas. There's a lot of robberies around Christmas and you are a random unmarked vehicle acting suspicious driving up and down the road....

Get your hours in. Talk to the other drivers and make sure they aren't getting screwed on hours. You as a PVD can act stupid and make your deliveries slow if your drivers need more work and you don't have much that day.

I talked with the RPCDs that deliver our routes and they don't really like to be out until dark. They want their 8 hours, that's about it. They will even take very large packages to help us out so we can delivery more packages to more stops.

It seems, as long as everyone gets their hours then things are at a stalemate per say. The amount of deliveries during peak is outrageous. On another note, yes PVDs take it slow. Start your first couple days off fast if you want so you know your limits but make sure you get your 8 hours. I'll only get 40-60 stops but drive 120+ miles a day. If you have a day with very few stops then take your time. If you have a day with 100 stops and everyone else is 100+ deep too then it might be wise to pick up the pace. Not only can you help out others that may have many more stops that day but I want to stress not driving in the dark. Once that sun goes down things get slow and dangerous. If you do not have extremely bright lights you will not see I the woods.

Pulling up into a wooded area in a car after dark in middle of the night after passing half a dozen no trespassing signs, will shoot on sight signs... getting into your car to rummage around... you get the idea. Be smart about it. You'll figure it out if you are a PVD reading this. Same goes for residential areas. There's a lot of robberies around Christmas and you are a random unmarked vehicle acting suspicious driving up and down the road....

Get your hours in. Talk to the other drivers and make sure they aren't getting screwed on hours. You as a PVD can act stupid and make your deliveries slow if your drivers need more work and you don't have much that day.
If it's in my truck I don't want you to come taking it off of me

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
We had a pvd become a part time on road to run saturdays and she sucks ass

We eat her alive

She also got a nice ass

We also have a last year pvd become a 22.4 and he’s clueless but he tries. About tired of his follow ups.
Heard this week that the first PVD I ever worked with years ago was just fired for stealing iPhones.

AMC79

PVD's can suck a big can of dick worms. Washed Package Cars tonight to get my 8. Meanwhile PVD's kept driving into the facility to get there next batch of deliveries
That's not the PVDs fault, that is managements fault. PVDs are not a bad idea, they just need to be used right. No RPCD should be coming back before 8 hours because a PVD took too much of their route. A PVD should be reducing routes from 12 hours to 8 or 9 but not less than 8.

That's not the PVDs fault, that is managements fault. PVDs are not a bad idea, they just need to be used right. No RPCD should be coming back before 8 hours because a PVD took too much of their route. A PVD should be reducing routes from 12 hours to 8 or 9 but not less than 8.
Exactly this. Our management is setting us up to all finish around the same time, granted :censored2: happens. Not 1 driver should be out at 10pm when everyone else is at home.. RPCDs get their 8 hours and if they don't I will personally give them packages and then I'll drive 25mph the rest of the day. We just gotta be nice to each other lmao

Jerdo

UPS as corporation can deliver growth and stock value to shareholders only if they change expensive union workers with lot cheaper PVDs.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
UPS as corporation can deliver growth and stock value to shareholders only if they change expensive union workers with lot cheaper PVDs.
Yeah, let’s have a bunch of scabs deliver the packages, or better yet, Amazon drivers. Lol.
The union drivers are why UPS makes a profit every year. Smarten up.

Cowboy Mac

PVDs ARE a bad idea. We don’t need more low paying jobs driving personal vehicles. We need more full time drivers in company vehicles.