PVD (beating a dead horse?)

HavenoEDD

Attachments

• AD6FD116-F281-4CA8-8B6C-F9EC3C7A0F4C.jpeg
    AD6FD116-F281-4CA8-8B6C-F9EC3C7A0F4C.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 49

HavenoEDD

Cutting Saturday routes and giving PVDs the work..
Monday-Friday routes light with OVDs getting plenty of work

Toothless locals doing nothing to fix

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Basically just be respectful and a decent human and don't make things difficult I'm guessing.

I've been in 2 union jobs before and it's kind of amazing how UPS skirts contract lines. Usually in situations like that the district leaders would call for a new contract or things to be amended. If I was to pay dues I would be all for it.

I was told at orientation we are NOT part of the union, very explicitly told that.
Because you’re not.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
We had a pvd become a part time on road to run saturdays and she sucks ass

We eat her alive

She also got a nice ass

We also have a last year pvd become a 22.4 and he’s clueless but he tries. About tired of his follow ups.

HyperBrn

Already started working PVDs here, while cutting routes and telling people there’s not enough work to get 8.
Would the general opinion be different if every union package car driver got an 8 hr day before any seasonal (non-union) PCD or PVD were utilized?

I'm sure there are centers out there that get enough volume during peak that normal drivers don't have to worry about being "forced" to code 5 even with the additional manpower.

Thebrownblob

Would the general opinion be different if every union package car driver got an 8 hr day before any seasonal (non-union) PCD or PVD were utilized?

I'm sure there are centers out there that get enough volume during peak that normal drivers don't have to worry about being "forced" to code 5 even with the additional manpower.
We don’t get eight hour days during peak,The general opinion is that’s union work, Christmas time a lot of those guys expect to have fairly good size checks to pay for Christmas. And regardless it should be seniority only ask from the top force from the bottom.

HyperBrn

We don’t get eight hour days during peak,The general opinion is that’s union work, Christmas time a lot of those guys expect to have fairly good size checks to pay for Christmas. And regardless it should be seniority only ask from the top force from the bottom.
Fair enough. I've always been a strong proponent for work life balance. Which means I'm generally supportive of efforts to spread out the workload as evenly as possible. I get your point. But IMHO, if I'm working any more than 12hr in any given day, then something's not right. No matter what time of year it is.

Thebrownblob

Fair enough. I've always been a strong proponent for work life balance. Which means I'm generally supportive of efforts to spread out the workload as evenly as possible. I get your point. But IMHO, if I'm working any more than 12hr in any given day, then something's not right. No matter what time of year it is.
Hmmm can’t do more than 60 anyway so… ,and you missed the point. If union employees want those hours it should be given to them first and then to seasonal employees.

Cowboy Mac

New as a PVD. Really didn't know a thing about this site and just happened across it today looking up UPS stuff. Today was day 1. Let me say... I wish I would have known about some stuff like how the union works beforehand...

Mainly 1 question as it seems sentiments have changed over time as I have been reading on here.

How do I keep in good graces with the drivers? A few, of course, look at me like a scab and I did not understand it until reading posts here. Some seem to treat you like a human. In reality I knew this was a foot in the door and a seasonal position. I know my job ends abruptly. I want to have a decent "marking" on my employment with UPS in the eventuality I may sign for a warehouse position. Rural deliveries had less than 40 stops, 70 miles. Using a small 4door sedan with the back seat gutted.

What's the best help a PVD can be to you regular employees without stepping on toes, and still make myself feel I've accomplished something for the day?
You also should understand that not only is subcontracting against the contract, but subcontractors like you are not getting the full benefits of working under a contract like we do. This goes for feeder subcontractors too.

You get paid less, and you’re using your personal vehicle and gas, putting wear and tear on your car which down the road will end up costing you a lot of money. I know how hard this job (especially rural deliveries)is on vehicles. I would not want to use my own personal vehicle to do this job.

I would venture to say that your net profit after all expenses will be slightly above minimum wage. You deserve better than that.

My hope is that in the future all seasonal employees will be driving a vehicle that is owned or leased by the company, and that they will be paid and treated as seasonal package car drivers.