PVD (beating a dead horse?)

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
UPS as corporation can deliver growth and stock value to shareholders only if they change expensive union workers with lot cheaper PVDs.
Taking a :censored2: right now so after a wipe how about take a big wiff of the toilet paper I’m about to wipe my ass with and shove it

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That's not the PVDs fault, that is managements fault. PVDs are not a bad idea, they just need to be used right. No RPCD should be coming back before 8 hours because a PVD took too much of their route. A PVD should be reducing routes from 12 hours to 8 or 9 but not less than 8.
PVD’s are taking Union work, what part of that do you not understand?

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
They don’t understand that more drivers to deliver means more union support.
It seems we go round and round every peak season about PVD's. The company has shown it will not hire a bunch of drivers to cover peak season because it costs them too much and the volume is not high enough year round to justify keeping all the drivers they would theoretically need to hire. Simple fact. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You want to get rid of the PVD's, get specific language in the next contract, then get enough members to overwhelmingly vote for it.

It seems we go round and round every peak season about PVD's. The company has shown it will not hire a bunch of drivers to cover peak season because it costs them too much and the volume is not high enough year round to justify keeping all the drivers they would theoretically need to hire. Simple fact. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You want to get rid of the PVD's, get specific language in the next contract, then get enough members to overwhelmingly vote for it.
Give your PVDs the hardest areas and the biggest boxes. If you personally don't want them there and have to deal with them then make them quit.

Here's another thought for everyone. My overtime rate is still $20 cheaper an hour vs top pay for a UPS driver. As long as the PVDs can do it cheaper they will continue to use them. This kinda goes full circle where people see minimum wage at 7.25 an hour but you can drive your own car for 21 an hour. The PVDs will keep coming if the money is there. We are half as cheap as full time seniority employees.

Tip - we let one of the RPCDs take stops that are 45 mins apart from each other. Makes his day easy and gives us work too. No one goes home broke.

We won't stop applying for the $$$ off the street.

Cowboy Mac

Nobody is saying the company has to make all these seasonal drivers permanent. Obviously there is a difference in volume between December and say April, and it wouldn’t make sense to keep that amount of drivers year round.

All I am saying is instead of having seasonal PVDs for peak season, we have more seasonal full time drivers in company vehicles.

wilberforce15

I am sitting here with a NDA letter that was misdelivered to my residence two days ago. I've called the 1800 number a dozen times. They finally said they'd get someone to come get it.
Nobody came.

A PVD wouldn't have done that. They're the real professionals.

wilberforce15

The NDA was delivered to me at 4pm without a scan, and I'm about 50 miles from the proper recipient.

I would love if the driver were fired, so I'm not letting it go.

AMC79

PVDs ARE a bad idea. We don’t need more low paying jobs driving personal vehicles. We need more full time drivers in company vehicles.
PVDs are paid better than most PTers. If there are enough FT drivers to handle peak then there are too many the rest of the year. There HAS to be PT or seasonal drivers to handle peak and there should be to handle weekends too so FTers can only work M-friend is they don't want a 6th punch.

Thebrownblob

I am sitting here with a NDA letter that was misdelivered to my residence two days ago. I've called the 1800 number a dozen times. They finally said they'd get someone to come get it.
Nobody came.

A PVD wouldn't have done that. They're the real professionals.
oh Wilber

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

The NDA was delivered to me at 4pm without a scan, and I'm about 50 miles from the proper recipient.

I would love if the driver were fired, so I'm not letting it go.
The driver won’t get fired perhaps disciplined, The package was most likely re-shipped I don’t know why you get your panties in a bunch over something that does not affect you. Don’t you have some stocks and Teslas to buy?

You would think a guy who pretends he’s so well-off would understand time is money and you’re wasting your time. My guess is you’re not even half of who you say you are L O L