PVD (beating a dead horse?)

Thebrownblob

What part of not everyone wants to work 60 hours a week do you not understand?
What part of hire more drivers don’t you understand? Because some don’t want 60 hours does not mean we want nonunion scabs doing our work.

There’s plenty of work, they’ve been forcing people on Saturday all year long and we have thousands and thousands of dollars of 9.5 grievances all year so you can’t use the excuse “what would they do the rest of the year”?

Thebrownblob

PVDs should be paying dues and under the same high standards we are. Disgusting watching the driving habits and delivering methods.

Does anyone remember Keep Our Reputation of Excellence initiative????
I agree and they should be held to the same contractual standards of seniority and workload. I am in a non-right to work state and they are allowing PVDs to take work off drivers who are barely getting eight while they work as many hours as they want. So the company is not following extra work by seniority.

wilberforce15

What part of hire more drivers don’t you understand? Because some don’t want 60 hours does not mean we want nonunion scabs doing our work.

There’s plenty of work, they’ve been forcing people on Saturday all year long and we have thousands and thousands of dollars of 9.5 grievances all year so you can’t use the excuse “what would they do the rest of the year”?
The compensation is what prevents them. You have made it so expensive to put a driver on the road that they have to get 60 hours out of all of them.

Thebrownblob

The compensation is what prevents them. You have made it so expensive to put a driver on the road that they have to get 60 hours out of all of them.
I know the company is really struggling L O L. How are they going to get by on that $10-12 billion net profit every year I hope they can manage.

And do you often talk about things you have no idea what you’re talking about? All of them are working 60 hours? I have 85 drivers in my center less than 10 ever get 60 hours all year long.

Cowboy Mac

PVDs are paid better than most PTers. If there are enough FT drivers to handle peak then there are too many the rest of the year. There HAS to be PT or seasonal drivers to handle peak and there should be to handle weekends too so FTers can only work M-friend is they don't want a 6th punch.
A41E073F-9968-484D-8C2A-51B211341074.gif

Why are you still comparing apples to oranges? We don’t need more PTers and we don’t need more contractors driving their personal vehicles.

Obviously there will be seasonal drivers. These drivers need to be paid more and they need to be driving a company owned or leased vehicle.

Why do so many people seem willing to move our countries workforce backwards into lower wage contracting jobs with no benefits? It blows my mind.

Thebrownblob

View attachment 408162
Why are you still comparing apples to oranges? We don’t need more PTers and we don’t need more contractors driving their personal vehicles.

Obviously there will be seasonal drivers. These drivers need to be paid more and they need to be driving a company owned or leased vehicle.

Why do so many people seem willing to move our countries workforce backwards into lower wage contracting jobs with no benefits? It blows my mind.
Because most of them are boot licking cowards

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Nobody is saying the company has to make all these seasonal drivers permanent. Obviously there is a difference in volume between December and say April, and it wouldn’t make sense to keep that amount of drivers year round.

All I am saying is instead of having seasonal PVDs for peak season, we have more seasonal full time drivers in company vehicles.
That is a good idea until the company says they don't want to pay for the benefits associated with being full time or their contention that it would still make too many full time positions . Furthermore, if they did, in theory, make a bunch of full time drivers, if they are seasonal are they still guaranteed 8 hours? If so then you won't see the PVD's going any where soon as they have no hourly guarantee.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
PVDs should be paying dues and under the same high standards we are. Disgusting watching the driving habits and delivering methods.

Does anyone remember Keep Our Reputation of Excellence initiative????
When Carol came on board that went out the window.

Cowboy Mac

That is a good idea until the company says they don't want to pay for the benefits associated with being full time or their contention that it would still make too many full time positions . Furthermore, if they did, in theory, make a bunch of full time drivers, if they are seasonal are they still guaranteed 8 hours? If so then you won't see the PVD's going any where soon as they have no hourly guarantee.
Do you know what a seasonal driver is?

scab_

hello sir. new scab here. wanted to answer this question. i have learned a lot about this position browsing this forum.

its a lifestyle thing for me. I view the corporates machine only has a means to a simple end, not something i would ever devote a career to. I work to live, and i live cheap when the weather is good and like to keep life simple. Very few low commitment jobs let me cram in so much income in such little time...

i dont care about your union battles (though i had to pay dues).,, but i think its cool you guys stand up for yourselfs. i dont care about the career path. i dont care about UPS, and to be honest i dont even really care with the lazy :censored2:s ordering 5 packages daily from amazon. they are the real scabs lol.

So ill be working 6 days a week 8+ hours a day this month to help my assigned driver in our wintery, unplowed and very steep hilled area. They are giving him 200+ stops a day and he is at 38 hours by Thursday morning and the forecast is for snow and freezing rain this week.. roads are decent so far. its gonna be a :censored2: show.

Why am I willing to work such a :censored2: job with no benefits? Its a la nina year and the snow is gonna be good. The 6-7 grand I make as a PVD this month while the snow pack builds up is gonna feed me and keep me skiing all season. In the summer I fish and ride bikes, some years i go to the wildfires. it keeps me in decent shape since every other house has a full flight of stairs up to the doors.

I also have a few other income sources where the work comes and goes in big chunks, so when i work I work hard then take off a few months and go play harder.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

hello sir. new scab here. wanted to answer this question. i have learned a lot about this position browsing this forum.

its a lifestyle thing for me. I view the corporates machine only has a means to a simple end, not something i would ever devote a carrier to. I work to live, and i live cheap when the weather is good and like to keep life simple. Very few low commitment jobs let me cram in so much income in such little time...

i dont care about your union battles (though i had to pay dues).,, but i think its cool you guys stand up for yourselfs. i dont care about the career path. i dont care about UPS, and to be honest i dont even really care with the lazy :censored2:s ordering 5 packages daily from amazon. they are the real scabs lol.

So ill be working 6 days a week 8+ hours a day this month to help my assigned driver in our wintery, unplowed and very steep hilled area. They are giving him 200+ stops a day and he is at 38 hours by Thursday morning and the forecast is for snow and freezing rain this week.. roads are decent so far. its gonna be a :censored2: show.

Why am I willing to work such a :censored2: job with no benefits? Its a la nina year and the snow is gonna be good. The 6-7 grand I make as a PVD this month while the snow pack builds up is gonna feed me and keep me skiing all season. In the summer I fish and ride bikes, some years i go to the wildfires. it keeps me in decent shape since every other house has a full flight of stairs up to the doors.

I also have a few other income sources where the work comes and goes in big chunks, so when i work I work hard then take off a few months and go play harder.
Hey live how you want, just know one day none of us will be crying for you when you have nothing and are too old and poor to do anything for yourself. Because when you live just for today tomorrow is a nightmare. 🤷‍♂️