PVD going rogue

Queso

Yeah so after being kept till the 15th and given a pretty good amount of hours after the new year they’ve gone to having me call in every morning to see if I’m working. Woke up early as :censored2: the past two days now just to call and realize they don’t need me. One of the on road sups told me I was killing it and they were looking to add me as a full time driver, but then when I went in Friday he said he was waiting for “other drivers to quit.”

What the :censored2: does that even mean waiting for other drivers to quit. And how the :censored2: am I supposed to make a living calling in every morning not knowing if I have work like I can’t line up another job if I have to do that. They like me and I must say it was probably the best seasonal gig I could’ve asked for and I’m nothing but grateful at the end of it, but they need to either give me a set schedule or tell me I better look elsewhere until it gets busy again

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
This is the 1st I’ve ever heard of them doing this to anyone. On a serious note the company has a 60 percent surge in volume during peak. That’s what you were hired for. Your services are no longer needed. If you did a good job and jumped through all the hoops and they need a body they may call you back. If not.....

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Yeah so after being kept till the 15th and given a pretty good amount of hours after the new year they’ve gone to having me call in every morning to see if I’m working. Woke up early as :censored2: the past two days now just to call and realize they don’t need me. One of the on road sups told me I was killing it and they were looking to add me as a full time driver, but then when I went in Friday he said he was waiting for “other drivers to quit.”

What the :censored2: does that even mean waiting for other drivers to quit. And how the :censored2: am I supposed to make a living calling in every morning not knowing if I have work like I can’t line up another job if I have to do that. They like me and I must say it was probably the best seasonal gig I could’ve asked for and I’m nothing but grateful at the end of it, but they need to either give me a set schedule or tell me I better look elsewhere until it gets busy again
Peaks over. They cant use you anymore.

You do realize it was a seasonal job?

Mainerider

Dropped my uniform and phone off to the Center today. Told Sup I might be available again next Peak and he said “Great, music to my ears” .
I enjoyed it so I’ll probably re-enlist next season.

OP, I’m a seasonal UPS rookie too but I’ve been around the corporate block a few times. Honestly, the chances of hanging on post-Peak are Slim and None, and Slim just left town...

Look for a job and if UPS calls in the interim, great, but don’t hold your breath...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Go to trade school. Make good money without all the UPS hassles.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Can he ask for the union fees back then?

How come in other hubs/centers they don't collect? If that's the case, then it'll be a big clue that they're not going to keep u after peak (shrugs)

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Can he ask for the union fees back then?

How come in other hubs/centers they don't collect? If that's the case, then it'll be a big clue that they're not going to keep u after peak (shrugs)
No, that money has already gone towards greens fees, new cell phones, and strippers.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

Buh bye, now.