Pvd second opinions

Rack em

Made the Podium
I surely hope so, since you teamsters are giving part of your earnings to a UNION that allowed off the street drivers to take your jobs...

PS were they given magnetic door signs for their personal delivery vehicles???
Ups spent too much money on orion so they couldn't afford those magnetic signs.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Nevertheless, resis deliveries are the easiest part of the job... less stress & no commit times ( like businesses bankers hours )

I been doing home delivery for a couple of years now & as long as I make the deliveries on that day, it's not a stressful situation like air commits

Hope your teamsters get together & squash it before it gets out of hand.

I was close to becoming a scab, to brown up, but driving around in an unmarked delivery vehicle is too sketchy in my rural area....

plus, my state posted their PVDs job listing too late in the peak season. Seems the UNION is strong to push them back & have their inside workers get a shot at pvd driving before hiring off the street. Kudos to UPS in my state!

Star B

White Lightening
I agree with @OrioN ... you guys need language in the contract that states the only time UPS can use non-union labor in package/feeders is during Thanksgiving-Xmas.

Star B

White Lightening
Aren’t you fedex??
so is @OrioN , but I want your pay/benefits/work conditions/restrictions to be positive for the employees as that will bleed over to us..... possibly. That and I don't want to see a fellow driver/courier get bent over by the company when they agreed to things.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Took me 8 so you are getting off good with 4... I would have given up a kidney for a 4 year wait
I agree. That’s why I’ve never had an issue with a 4 year progression. I waited 8 years to go FT and 2 progression years to top rate. Now it’s a 1-2 year wait for FT and 4 year progression. Seems way easier now!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I agree. That’s why I’ve never had an issue with a 4 year progression. I waited 8 years to go FT and 2 progression years to top rate. Now it’s a 1-2 year wait for FT and 4 year progression. Seems way easier now!
Agreed but if we can get it rolled back I’d be fine with it...can’t go to 5 years though

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
so is @OrioN , but I want your pay/benefits/work conditions/restrictions to be positive for the employees as that will bleed over to us..... possibly. That and I don't want to see a fellow driver/courier get bent over by the company when they agreed to things.

Your brownie team is better than the eggplant side, since we're separate opcos air vs ground.

YOU do ALL 3 of FedEx operations, in a tighter area, but, it's a more stressful environment... with telematics and stops per car crap. Plus not allowing GPS units to integrated with your OrioN trace so anyone can cover a route more effectively.

I'm making the best of my situation since having mostly residential stops and area knowledge to do my rural route 100% even while sick with the flu... it's Soo stress free, except for when the weather is icy, I can do side hustles to make up for the lack of comparable compensation

542thruNthru

Not everywhere my friend. In my local it takes 10 years to go full time. Then a 4 year progression.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
If they use pvd drivers during summer seasonal and peak periods, would this be a way for ups to create less full time jobs? Why pay someone towards topping out when they can use a pvd and pay them seasonal rate, and less liability. This worries part timers like myself trying to make a career here. Looking for 2nd opinions.

Any drivers(seasonal/ 22.3/ helpers/ PVD/ Etc) will always affect the number of full time positions. If they can do it for less money, they will.