PVD'S

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
The company's response to O's letter about personal vehicle deliveries
Ask me how much a believe them?
I remember when they said having a Diad would only increase stop counts by about 10 per route. I remember when I said Edd would increase stop counts by 10 per route. I remember when they said that Orion would make us more efficient. I remember when they said "The safety of our employees and of the general public are of our utmost concern."
Take that letter and throw in the trash where it belongs.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If this doesn't get stopped, I have very little faith in our employment going forward. I mean this sheeet is getting effin real!

I think this is cool.

All the loud mouth TDU pukes, are gonna have to muscle up.

They will be the first ones crying.... when they miss a paycheck.

Maybe I'm wrong.

-Bug-

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Candidates may be required to travel to an identified start location that is away from the facility. Personal Vehicle Drivers are expected to comply with UPS appearance guidelines and wear the company-provided uniform.

MAKAVELI

Candidates may be required to travel to an identified start location that is away from the facility. Personal Vehicle Drivers are expected to comply with UPS appearance guidelines and wear the company-provided uniform.
This sounds like a tweaked FedEx Ground scam.

Union Power

Silent member
What ?

“The culture of the company allows you to fail without the worry of losing your job. They truly want their employees to succeed.”

From the moment you are hired.... you are fired.

Or, sucking ass.

God Bless the Teamsters.

-Bug-
Must be addressed to management applicants not hourly.

DirtySouth

We struck over the company's insistance on having owner/operator feeders in '97 if I recall; I wasn't around but I've seen the hard proof (documentation) from those that were.

We cannot allow the company to pursue an Uber/Lyft style business model and implement owner/operator package delivery. Once they get their foot in the door, we'll see it for gift card volume in January. Then they'll ask for it when they need relief for "heavy volume" periods. Hell, they might even try and use it to comply with 9.5 language.

If you've ever heard him speak, O'Brien has always been crystal clear about locals that undermine the rest of the Teamsters by cutting side deals and degrading our working conditions. This started (at least on the east coast) with Local 639 in DC. We found job postings in the DC area advertising the prototype for PVDs. They caved or got something everyone else didn't (my guess is 22.3's to make their members happy). The scenario I described above is VERY likely as long as we have gutless sellouts like Denis T and the representatives in 639.

Meanwhile, the locals that stand strong on issues like PVDs or golf cart helpers during peak get left out in the cold while they "hold the line."

Dragon

Package Center Manager
We struck over the company's insistance on having owner/operator feeders in '97 if I recall; I wasn't around but I've seen the hard proof (documentation) from those that were.

We cannot allow the company to pursue an Uber/Lyft style business model and implement owner/operator package delivery. Once they get their foot in the door, we'll see it for gift card volume in January. Then they'll ask for it when they need relief for "heavy volume" periods. Hell, they might even try and use it to comply with 9.5 language.

If you've ever heard him speak, O'Brien has always been crystal clear about locals that undermine the rest of the Teamsters by cutting side deals and degrading our working conditions. This started (at least on the east coast) with Local 639 in DC. We found job postings in the DC area advertising the prototype for PVDs. They caved or got something everyone else didn't (my guess is 22.3's to make their members happy). The scenario I described above is VERY likely as long as we have gutless sellouts like Denis T and the representatives in 639.

Meanwhile, the locals that stand strong on issues like PVDs or golf cart helpers during peak get left out in the cold while they "hold the line."

too late my friend...it is here and it will stay.

just another delivery option...

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Can anyone guess why Domino's Pizza stopped their "30 minutes or less or free" free pizza program?
Wait till the news say "UPS DECIDED TO KILL THE GENERAL PUBLIC BY PUTTING NON-QUALIFIED PEOPLE TO RACE AROUND PACKAGES!" News at 11!