PVD'S

DirtySouth

too late my friend...it is here and it will stay.

just another delivery option...

The company definitely telegraphed this move with their series of articles on UPS'ers: "What's up with the Post Office?" wherein they described the various tiers the USPS uses in their contracts.

Definitely understandable from a cost perspective but I can't see it being good for the brand.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
too late my friend...it is here and it will stay.

Just like the "Last, best, and final offer ?" :biggrin:

In the company's response, they clarify it's only a request.

They base that reasoning on what "some" Locals have done.

And, the fact that "some" charge seasonal's dues and initiation fee's.

The company is required to bargain over the issue. If the company implements it

without bargaining.... there could be a 72-hour strike notice in their future.

It's not over yet.

But, it exemplifies your typical smug and arrogant response.

David Murray had that same attitude in 1997. Look what it got him.

-Bug-

Union Power

Silent member
The company definitely telegraphed this move with their series of articles on UPS'ers: "What's up with the Post Office?" wherein they described the various tiers the USPS uses in their contracts.

Definitely understandable from a cost perspective but I can't see it being good for the brand.
Looks like hunting season on Surepost violations as well. We need to file every time we see violations for every Surepost pkg that was proximity, commercial, and duplicates. Start now.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Just like the "Last, best, and final offer ?" :biggrin:

In the company's response, they clarify it's only a request.

They base that reasoning on what "some" Locals have done.

And, the fact that "some" charge seasonal's dues and initiation fee's.

The company is required to bargain over the issue. If the company implements it

without bargaining.... there could be a 72-hour strike notice in their future.

It's not over yet.

But, it exemplifies your typical smug and arrogant response.

David Murray had that same attitude in 1997. Look what it got him.

Our PVD's are starting shortly in my area, I believe we are past the bargaining point. We have already begun the peak training.

A lot of good the strike did, most of your pensions are in the toilet, UPS saw the writing on the wall and tried to help the sinking ship. I am pretty happy with my pension with the Company but I am not sure the local I was a part of is going to have anything left when I am ready to go.

Unlike your job?

correct, another delivery option for me to manage. Just to clarify for you, I don't deliver I manage others who deliver it doesn't matter if it's via bike, Golf Cart, Package Car or Feeders.

-Bug-
That might be the intent but are these people getting a 1099?

Yes they are.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Looks like hunting season on Surepost violations as well. We need to file every time we see violations for every Surepost pkg that was proximity, commercial, and duplicates. Start now.

Let me correct that, they are getting a W2 like any other helper..too many beers watching football.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
^^^^

@Dragon.... can't even quote and properly respond to a post.

He might be your flunky Center Manager.

God help us. (but I'm not surprised)

-Bug-

Don't agree with what I posted. Make it a personal attack, cause that makes you a better person and now your reply was right.

Come on Bug....thought you were better than that.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Don't agree with what I posted. Make it a personal attack, cause that makes you a better person and now your reply was right.

Come on Bug....thought you were better than that.

I wouldn't take shots at you, if you didn't make it so easy.

Besides.... your avatar just pisses me off. :biggrin:

-Bug-

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I really don't think the company has thought this one through.

From an image and liability perspective.
for a taylor swift magnet, you're right it's probably not worth whatever shekels they're getting for it

cutting FSP staffing to an average level and using PVD's for the holidays, heavy days, etc?
totally different level of shekels my friend..

anyways the liability angle isn't a big deal, armies of lawyers have already thought this out

MAKAVELI

for a taylor swift magnet, you're right it's probably not worth whatever shekels they're getting for it

cutting FSP staffing to an average level and using PVD's for the holidays, heavy days, etc?

anyways the liability angle isn't a big deal, armies of lawyers have already thought this out
FedEx thought the same thing when they purchased RPS. And then the onslaught of lawsuits followed.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

It still has to be bargained over with the IBT.

What's it worth ?

-Bug-

a lot of shekels? i have no idea how much but i imagine it would've enough to make small package profitable again
It will fail on a profibiliy standpoint. Upper management/IE will need to learn the business if you want to focus on profitability.