PVDs

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Ouch. Y’all might want to change that…

I'm not sure I agree with you on that. (totally)

It's been in the language since 1990, and I don't see it changing. The onus is on the driver to insure they

get their 8-hr guarantee. Drivers utilizing it on a daily basis is abuse, and screwing someone out of a full-time job.

The occasional time when you have a light dispatch and stuff falls off the truck.... Meh.

Cowboy Mac

I'm not sure I agree with you on that. (totally)

It's been in the language since 1990, and I don't see it changing. The onus is on the driver to insure they

get their 8-hr guarantee. Drivers utilizing it on a daily basis is abuse, and screwing someone out of a full-time job.

The occasional time when you have a light dispatch and stuff falls off the truck.... Meh.
I’m more worried about the 6 hour deal. These dispatchers send guys home with no work and all they get is part time pay? It should be 8 hours no matter what.

I also think it should be automatic whether you work 7 hours or 5. If they don’t give you more work, you should get your guaranteed 8 without having to file. If they alter your time card to put a code 5, that sup should be terminated.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I’m more worried about the 6 hour deal. These dispatchers send guys home with no work and all they get is part time pay? It should be 8 hours no matter what.

I also think it should be automatic whether you work 7 hours or 5. If they don’t give you more work, you should get your guaranteed 8 without having to file. If they alter your time card to put a code 5, that sup should be terminated.

Again, it's up to the member to enforce their contractual rights.

Sad as it sounds;

6-hr "show up pay" and not having to work.... with H&W, and pension paid for the week ?

Members like @PT Car Washer abuse that. They don't really want to work.

Commercial Inside Release

It is not an accident, that DIAD 6 doesn't allow you to change or edit your punch-in code, and you have to beg management to edit it, daily.

Sitting by the clock will get you a stealing time reprimand, and afterwards they are going to have you cleaning toilets and every nasty job you can imagine.

Jetboat1

Let them have as many pvds as they want in the next contract. It does not affect me as a part timer. Heck let me drive the metro truck for 20 hours a week. As long as I keep my health care. Drive 3 days a week at 20 an hour with benefits count me in. You want a two tier wage system you got it!

Thebrownblob

Let them have as many pvds as they want in the next contract. It does not affect me as a part timer. Heck let me drive the metro truck for 20 hours a week. As long as I keep my health care. Drive 3 days a week at 20 an hour with benefits count me in. You want a two tier wage system you got it!
Drivers don’t have a two tier wage system. We have classifications. True two tier has no path to top rate. 22.4 has a path.

Part time employees hired after 1983 (red circle employees pre 1983) are in true two tier wage system.
Here is an old arrival that explains what two tier means.

Doesn’t mean I agree with 22.4, but setting the record straight. We have had 2 tier in part time for decades.

AKCoverMan

Send a diad message put the ball in their court
This! Every day (even tho with their Super Snooper Scope tech they should already know) “FINISHED WORK ETA CENTER XX:XX”

If I drive back, do my pm work and no answer then I punch out and go home with my guarantee. I do not sit by the diad rack and I do not sweep the floor.

AKCoverMan

It is not an accident, that DIAD 6 doesn't allow you to change or edit your punch-in code, and you have to beg management to edit it, daily.

Sitting by the clock will get you a stealing time reprimand, and afterwards they are going to have you cleaning toilets and every nasty job you can imagine.
I mean if my DIAD is on code five when I punch in I’ll be doing no work and sitting on phone with OMS until it’s fixed…

But it has rarely been a problem here.. few times members tell me they were improperly code 5 I have always been able to quickly solve without filing any grieve.. usually a phone call or email to right management person. As long as payweek isn’t closed… god help us all if we need the Payroll peeps to I’d something!

PT Car Washer

Drivers don’t have a two tier wage system. We have classifications. True two tier has no path to top rate. 22.4 has a path.

Part time employees hired after 1983 (red circle employees pre 1983) are in true two tier wage system.
Here is an old arrival that explains what two tier means.

Doesn’t mean I agree with 22.4, but setting the record straight. We have had 2 tier in part time for decades.
Sounds more like a distinction without a difference.

Thebrownblob

Keep drinking the company Kool ade. By the end of next contract 50% of all delivery drivers will be 22.4.
Why do you continue to talk about things you have no idea about? They can’t even do that now contractually. Not one person in my building has went more than 18 months even now as a 22.4. And now they’re having trouble hiring them at all because no one wants to do it. So now somehow you think the new administration negotiating our contract is going to allow even more 22.4? Seriously you need to pay attention. Even the company is aware is not working.

We have more full-time drivers now than we’ve ever had. If nothing else to 22.4 got peoples foot in the door much quicker.

Most of them are going driving in less than a year of seniority and less than two years they go to RPCDs that means the top scale in as little as five or six years.

Compare that to me I was part time for eight years and had a two year progression. So it took me 10 years to get to top scale.

If we successfully negotiate the end of 22.4 it will be even better for them.

Last edited:

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
As someone who considers themselves the smartest man in the room. I really just want 22.4 to actually work a bit of preload. I just think it would be profitable for the company to do exactly what they don't want to do and, tinfoil hat, my suspicion for why they don't utilize 22.4s is entirely because it would overlap employees and they might then talk about, err, union things LOL.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Exactly it’s not going to happen he just likes to play the doom and gloom card.
GpdA9NOxxOdU.gif